Storing DME and adjuncts?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mainbutter

Reaction score
I received my first shipment of ingredients last week, nothing substantial but 1 pound packages of a dozen different whole grains and a couple 3lb packages of DME. Later for bulk grains I plan on using some kind of stackable plastic bins when I start buying in bulk, but only very specific ingredients do I need in 50lb amounts.

Anyone have clever and SWMBO approved methods for storing the many ingredients that I may only use in 2-10% amounts of my batches, or a good container that is the "right" size for bulk hobby amounts of DME?

Most of my minute additions, such as campden tabs and mineral additions, are great in mason jars. However, a pint bar just isn't close to enough for 2-5lbs of other ingredients. I need to put some work into a better organization than taking up all the large Pyrex Tupperware.. Big thanks for ideas!

Back