Storing beer lines. Need better pipeline.

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ChandlerBang

Reaction score
I blew both my first and second keg Thursday night. I know, sad day.

Anyway, with two kegs on tap I lost motivation to make more beer for the kegs when they blow and now it's going to be three to four weeks before the next batch is ready for kegging. (Maybe two weeks if I try the simple hefe recipe I saw floating around here)

What is the best way to store the beer lines so they don't get funky? I thought I would clean the kegs with OxiClean and then run a gallon or so of that through the lines and taps then flush with water. Is that good enough or should I leave the out lines hooked up with 5 or 10 pounds on the keg?

Do you leave the lines and kegs empty or have water/BLC/OxiClean/sanitizer in them?

TIA

Run some hot water and oxyclean through the lines, then run some starsan and oxyclean through them, then just clean water.

If you end up brewing more often and you are replacing with similar style you don't really have to clean the lines between every single batch.

Latest posts

Back