• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to HomeBrewTalk and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Colorado Stir Plate Internals

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Brad2287

Reaction score
I am giving this away for FREE to a good home. I do not feel like fixing this as I all ready have a working stir plate. A huge preference is going to be given to anyone willing to come pick this up. I am Near DIA for reference. I would ship it but would want the true cost of packing materials and shipping.

This is the internal stirring mechanism from Corning 10x10 stir plate. I dropped it and shattered the ceramic top and was trying to salvage the stirring mechanism. These stir plates have no problem stirring 5+ liters being that the magnets are both very strong and perfectly aligned.

This does however need some love and care to get it back working. It needs a power input. The two leads that are connected to nothing formerly connected to a 3 wire receptacle with the chassis of the stir plate grounded. The speed control also does not seam to be working. It is either all on or all off at this point. This could be fixed with a cheap pulse width modulation board. This was working when I took it apart so it also may be an easy fix. The motor is 60hz 120v AC and draws .57 amps so a PWM module should be easy and cheap to find for this. And also as you can see this needs mounted into something to provide protection from open electrical circuits and to provide a surface to place a flask on.

IMAG0014.jpg

I tell you, the base itself is worth as much as the guts. The broken top can be replaced with something else, like plexiglass. So if you still have it send the base along.

I will take it if you decide to ship and will gladly pay for packing/shipping.

I plan on giving it a week or so for local pick up but you will be first in line if no one locally claims it.

I tell you, the base itself is worth as much as the guts. The broken top can be replaced with something else, like plexiglass. So if you still have it send the base along.

I agree but unfortunately the base is long gone. I never gave it much thought due to having a couple other lab grade stirrer/hotplates laying around. I mostly tore it apart for the sake of seeing the insides and just never bothered to put it back together.

Back