Still bubbling after two weeks

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

PDevlin75

Reaction score
Hey folks!

So I had brewed a Belgian Tripel two weeks back. I waited maybe 4 days for the bubbling through the blow-off to slow down before I added honey (in lieu of sugar in the boil). The bubbling picked back up, and hasn't stopped since. There has been a consistent burping through the hose every 10 seconds, and has been doing so for about a week and a half now.

I'm not complaining though! Seems like it's going very well in there!

I know people here on the forums will say that a lack of bubbles does't necessarily mean that they aren't working… But does the prolonged presence of bubbling mean that they're not done?

So far, I'm inclined to go with my gut and say I ought to just leave them be… I'm also thinking that this is the perfect opportunity to start harvesting yeast for the first time!

Any thoughts on this though? Is it worth it to start taking hydrometer readings now, or just keep waiting it out?

Thanks,
-Pete

Back