Sticky draught / draft lever

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CarnellSitka

Reaction score
I have faucet on a draft tower that isn't strongly secured (into several layers of faux wood particle board) So i cant just get a bigger handle to increase leverage. The faucet is not a perlick, it is the one you often see like this: http://www.beveragefactory.com/draftbeer/faucets/faucets/4933K___7090.shtml

form_spacer.gif

I grab a beer from it maybe once every 3 days and it is always stiff! today i broke the handle it was so stiff! it looks like some beer dries out between the two cylinders in the faucet. I have the faucet on a draft tower that isn't strongly secured (into several layers of faux wood particle board) So i cant just get a bigger handle to increase leverage.

Any ideas on how to keep it clean/ not stickey?

It's always going to stick unless you pull a beer from it every day, if not every 8-12 hours (you can always quit your job to tackle this). The only solution is to get a Perlick. That's what they were designed to solve.

Bars can get away with the cheaper faucets due to the fact that they go maybe 8 hours without pouring a beer.

You can try squirting a little bit of water up the end after each pour to rinse it out, and if it really gets stuck sometimes you can pour hot water over the outside to help to melt some of the sticky beer and get it flowing again. But speaking from experience, those faucets are only going to make your life frustrating. I went from breaking the black plastic handles to actually breaking the faucet where the handle screws on. When I was upgrading my kegorator, perlicks were one of the few things I didn't worry about the price on. Not saying that's feasible for you at the moment, but certainly something to consider. Of course Keystone's beer-for-breakfast plan has its own merits!

Glad I got perlicks with my kegerator to begin with - thanks to all that have posted that advice that I followed!

Back