Sticking Taps....need suggestion

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mike1978

Reaction score
I keep having sticking problems with the taps i bought awhile back. I've cleaned em up a several times but it seems to work its way back up to stuck within a few days. I definetly got what i paid for. I would love some suggestions on a good faucet/tap that wont break my pocket and performs well.

Perlick 525. I have good quality all stainless steel taps on my tower now and they stick too. Seems the perlick 525's are the resolution, so I"m planning to upgrade to them in a couple weeks. They can be found for around $30/ea.

KCBrewer said:
Perlick 525. I have good quality all stainless steel taps on my tower now and they stick too. Seems the perlick 525's are the resolution, so I"m planning to upgrade to them in a couple weeks. They can be found for around $30/ea.

+1. My 525 never sticks. I also just got a 575 that I have yet to install and test out. Plus they're SS.

It's the sugar in the beer sticking the valve ..I soak mine it some hot water and they break loose... usually happens most when I have a stout on in my kegerator ...hottest water works best..

Latest posts

Back