Step by step sparging method

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sertainment

Reaction score
Hey everyone, I have done about 3 all grain brews now and was curious as to how everyone else does sparging. Currently I am using a 5 gal bucket as my HLT and have a hose running from that to a PVC cross setup over the mashtun which drains into the kettle. Now my real question is do you sparge water continuously into the mash run with that valve open as well, or do you sparge an let soak for a few more minutes, tell just how do you go about your business doin this step?

sertainment said:
Hey everyone, I have done about 3 all grain brews now and was curious as to how everyone else does sparging. Currently I am using a 5 gal bucket as my HLT and have a hose running from that to a PVC cross setup over the mashtun which drains into the kettle. Now my real question is do you sparge water continuously into the mash run with that valve open as well, or do you sparge an let soak for a few more minutes, tell just how do you go about your business doin this step?
batch sparging made easy:Www.dennybrew.com from the one and only Denny Conn!

I batch sparge like above the only difference is I heat my sparge water to 180 and divide my sparge into two batches

Latest posts

Back