Steel Stands?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hatfieldenator

Reaction score
Does anyone on here know anyone that can make powercoated steel stands? I'm looking to have one made for an aquarium actually, and I've been quoted a price by the tank manufacturer that seems way too high to me. I'm wondering what others think...

I need a stand that's 40L X 26W X 30H
The tank place told me it would cost $1100 w/powder coating.

Can't I get this done cheaper?

Any insight or info would be greatly appreciated.:mug:

Draw up what you want and how much weight it has to carry and try a couple of local welding / fab shops & see what they quote you. You may have to get a separate quote from a powder coat place, but the weldor may be able to recommendation on that as well. The local home brew club may be able to hook you up with someone who welds custom stands on the side.... $1100 sounds high - is that with shipping charges too?

Sounds Pretty high to me as well, but if they are shipping across the country it might be in line. I would check local shops as well.

No, doesn't include shipping, that's all seperate, another 500 for the tank and stand. I like your suggestion of just drawing up what I need and taking it somewhere.

The other option is to of course just build one myself out of wood instead? Thanks guys

Just saw another post about having a HS shop class build a single tier. You might want to check there about getting a stand welded up.

you can also go the wallace way and build a weldless stand search here or google for it. I plan on going that route very soon.

Back