Stc1000 cant get into sertings mode

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

FishBrew

Reaction score
Hi everyone. I've hade my fermentation chamber set up with an stc1000 temp controller a few months and had it set to 5.6 degrees C ( I've been using it as a place to store my store bought bottles until I was ready to brew again).

I went to change the temp setting today to 20c because I was going to start a new ferment today but I can't get it to go into setting mode. I hold down the "S" button for several seconds and the "F1" menu never appears. Anyone have this problem? Does Anyone have a solution to this?

Thanks

I have not experienced this phenomenon.

You probably tried this arleady, but I would turn the device off and back on, both using the power button and by unplugging.

Is it possible you are accidently hitting two buttons simultaneously? The buttons are small and very close together.

Good luck.

I didn't see anything in the manual about this issue. http://www.homebrewbuilder.co.uk/stc1000 instructions.pdf

My guess is that the keypad ‘S’ is not working. Those rubber keypads really suck up water if you have wet fingers. You could try half a drop of light oil on the top of the ‘S’ button and then push the button about a hundred times, then go for the three seconds.

Even if that works, it’s temporary. Order another one or two. They’re so cheap it’s worth it to have a spare.

Wynne-R said:
My guess is that the keypad ‘S’ is not working. Those rubber keypads really suck up water if you have wet fingers. You could try half a drop of light oil on the top of the ‘S’ button and then push the button about a hundred times, then go for the three seconds.

Even if that works, it’s temporary. Order another one or two. They’re so cheap it’s worth it to have a spare.

I'll give it a shot. I tried everything else. I suppose I would just order another. Kind of a bummer though... This was going to be my first temp controlled ferment. Oh well..

Thanks for your replies! Much appreciated.

Back