STC 1000 - multiple controllers

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

502Brews

Reaction score
A few batches ago I quit using the cold plug on my STC controller and just plugged my fridge back in the wall. My heat wrap does a good job of holding the temp (I think better) in the constantly cold fridge. This got me thinking that I could wire up another STC, one to the top outlet and one to the bottom outlet. Both would then be used to control separate heat wraps controlled by seperate STC controllers. I believe this would give me the ability to ferment two beers simultaneously in the same fridge. Could even do a lager and ale simultaneously. What I don't know is if this can be done and if so how. Anyone here have the know how to help with this?

Why not wire your current STC to an extension cord with multiple outlets? One temp set for fermentation and multiple outlets to plug stuff into. A second option would be to connect another outlet in line with your current outlet so the heat inputs both get the same signal from the STC.

Back