Starting out

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gbbrewing

Reaction score
Hey, from the great state of wisconsin. I love beer, so I in turn decided to try and take a stab at brewing it. I've only done a 3 extract kits and 1 cider is in the carboy right now with a little success. Would love to start all grain brewing and that's why I came here. So far have loved every second of it.

Welcome to the board and the obsession! I am just barely a little ahead of you. I brewed my first all grain batch last month. It is a big difference from extract, at least for me anyway.

Welcome.

Don't let the idea of all grain daunt you. It is not really more difficult than extract, it just has more things to pay attention to. If you can cook a semi complicated recipe you can brew all grain.

All grain give you control of everything that goes into your beer. With extract you are not truly sure what went into making the extract.

Plus it is a lot of fun! P.S. I still do extracts when it is too cold to brew outside, or wanting a quicker brewday.

Yea pumped to start doing it, just have to get the right stuff for cheapest amount

Back