Starting First long haul sours!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Max_Chavez

Reaction score
Here's my thoughts:
I just rec'd two corny kegs at home. I have a blonde saison that is soured via cultured dregs(mostly crooked stave) and I just brewed a sour brown with roeselare a few days ago. Since we are moving across the country in February, my plan is to get these into secondary in keg for the move and then have about a sixth month head start by the time I'm able to think about beer again after the move. How about that?

Any experiences long term aging in corny? Let it go under pressure? Occasionally vent pressure?

Also, my plan to get the best out of roeselare is to keg the first batch(3gal) in 4-6weeks, then do a second gen with some of the yeast cake and combine for best sour profile. How's that sound?
Rack round 2 into the keg, or add everything, yeast cake and all to the keg for extended aging on yeast?

After the dust settles, I'm not sure what I'll do. Possibly use these(or a portion) to inoculate some sort of barrel/solera project, or just enjoy by themselves.
Any/all thoughts are welcome!

Back