Starter temps?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

zacster

Reaction score
If I'm making a 2L starter with Omega German Lager 1, what can the minimum temp be? I usually do it at 68 or so but the room where I want to do this is more like 55 at the moment. I'll be using Propper starter wort. I assume I should bring that up to pitch temp too.

My house has changed so much since I started brewing 20+ years ago and I keep losing spaces that I used.

Thanks. I didn't think it would be a problem, I just want to make sure it is done when I'm ready to brew and doesn't lag for a few days.

I checked and the temp is closer to 60, but probably colder overnight. The starter is made and on the stir plate and a slight krausen has already formed. And even though I haven't used the stir plate in a year now, the stir bar took on the first try. I must have left it at the perfect speed as it usually takes a few tries to get it going.

Today is Tuesday and brew day should be Thursday.

Back