Starsan and RV?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

klars

Reaction score
This might get moved.

I am de-winterizing my trailer today at the same time I am sanitizing kegs. I was thinking starsan would be perfect for the water lines in my trailer. I typically use bleach/water then flush a bunch of times.

Does anyone see an issue with this?

thx...May long is just around the corner...:)

I was thinking of trying the same thing. You go first an let me know how it turns out!! :)

I don't own an RV so I'm not sure how all those systems work but the one thing I would bring up is the amount of foam Star San is capable of producing and how it might effect those systems

Yeah I'm wondering about the foam, too. I haven't used Starsan, but have seen pictures! We have never sanitized our RV water lines, but we don't use the fresh tank, just faucet hookups at the site.

Water flows through the same pipes (pex) regardless wether it is coming from the holding tank or the fresh water hookup. Ideally they should be sanitized. I sanitize my water system each spring using the bleach method - I think it would get kinda spendy using Starsan and the whole foaming thing is also certainly a possibility.

well i did it. I dumped in 2oz and then 10g of water. Foam, yes, it was sputtering through the taps etc.

It is a lot quicker then bleaching, rinsing, rinsing, rinsing.

I love me some star san!

Latest posts

Back