Star San question

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

heywolfie1015

Reaction score
Just gonna get it out there that I feel extremely stupid for asking this, but how do people remove that little measuring cup from the Star San 32 oz package? An exacto knife? Maybe I've had too many beers, but there doesn't seem to be any other way...

Man, I was wishing that I could answer this one... you guys are fast today!

Best measuring system in a bottle EVER! The directions on the bottle, OTOH, could stand an upgrade.......

Yah. Iodophor and StarSan both, how are you supposed measure that stuff for a small amount?! "0.5oz to five gallons"?! Really? What about 4oz of mixture in a spray bottle? 8oz of mixture in my vinator to sanitize bottles? ;) I am right there with ya, buddy. Sometimes you look at things and just gotta say WFT.

Don't feel too slow. It's all about beer brewing. It's supposed to make you feel and look stupid at some point; I'd rather do it brewing than drinking. :)

Wellllll you could always mix up a gallon and then put part of it in a spray bottle and save the rest.........for your bottle sanitizer maybe? Just a thought :p

This question was just the best. I think I went up two rungs on the noob scale just for knowing how to use a bottle of Star San. It took me quite a few expletive ridden moments to figure out that damn container myself.

This question was just the best. I think I went up two rungs on the noob scale just for knowing how to use a bottle of Star San. It took me quite a few expletive ridden moments to figure out that damn container myself.

Thank you, thank you. I'll be here all week.

Back