Stanley Cup Playoffs 2009

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
canucks_big.gif

I feel sorry for Price. Wonder what the Habs will look like next year. That was a loooong list of soon to be free agents.
The crowd was killing Price. Morons. Did they watch that pathetic excuse the Canadiens called defense? Too much playing the body, not enough playing the puck.

Not that I'm complaining. :D

Man...another heartbreaker in Calgary. We had those buttheads on the ropes coming into Canada and poofed it all away.

Calgary seems to be beat up going back to Chicago though. Khabibulin looks REALLY shaky all of a sudden.

I'm related to Seabrook on the 'hawks. His Grandmother is my Dad's Niece. So... his Grandma is my cousin. Yeah, one of those f'ing huge french families where your cousin is 3 times your age.

(My Dad has Nephews that are older than he is.)

BLOW HABS BLOW

Now some rest for Chara, Thomas and the rest. Savard looked a bit out of sorts last night, hope he is ok.

I hope Ryder asked the Canadiens how is ass taste :D

Wings sweep Columbus tonight.

I was hoping the Ducks would take care of The Sharks, but then I realized that if anaheim wins, then Detroit plays them next, and I DON'T want those 10:00 PM games!! Makes for a rough next day.

The Sharks did not look sharp all night. They really stunk the place up in the third. Hey Doug, guess Ron Wilson wasn't the problem, huh?

Here's an action shot. Sorry for the poor quality. All my shots of play in the corner were even worse. The game is just too fast for a phone's camera. Plus, I had better things to do like watch puck and drink $9 beer.

4-23 ducks game.jpg

WOOO WOOOOOO!!!!

I feel sorry for Price. Wonder what the Habs will look like next year. That was a loooong list of soon to be free agents.
I don't. He looks just like Huet - a damn head case. While it's tough when your own fans don't trust you, he didn't give them any reason to have hope.

Woo-hoo!

My buddy just called, his wife can't make it tonight.

2nd row in the corner for Sharks/Ducks!
Enjoy!
Nice score Arturo. You sneaking your own booze in or do they have/charge decent? In BC arena's it's about 7-8 bucks a cup and usually bud or canadian. :(

I usually end up having a few molsons while I'm there... when I'm at a bruins game I don't want abbaye de leffe (even though they have it there, along with a few other good brews).

When I'm at a game I want overcarbed yellow fizzy stuff.

The Sharks did not look sharp all night. They really stunk the place up in the third. Hey Doug, guess Ron Wilson wasn't the problem, huh?

Here's an action shot. Sorry for the poor quality. All my shots of play in the corner were even worse. The game is just too fast for a phone's camera. Plus, I had better things to do like watch puck and drink $9 beer.

Sweet seats! I wish I lived closer to the Wings. 4-4.5 hours drive is NOT where it's at (with the price of tickets etc.)

I watched a the first few minutes of the Sharks last night. Not enough to see any scoring or anything.

But I DID get to see the Wings eliminate the Blue Jackets! I got a feeling Columbus will be back with a vengeance next season. Well, as long as Mason can give another season like he had this season.

Whew, The Flyers are still alive ... barely but still alive. It’d be nice to force a game 7.

I was at both Ducks games this week, though my tix not nearly as good as the pics earlier in the post. The Ducks looked sloppy on Tuesday, played better last night but the Sharks were horrible. 3 down 1 to go. I hope they win in San Jose, won't be able to afford the next rounds if this one drags on too long.

13.parros.jpg

/Approves this thread.

Don't you mean Vancouver? :D

Ah yes. I suppose I could make that roadtrip (and I do think that's going to be the western conference matchip, IMHO). In all honesty, I never thought the sharks were going to make it very far in the playoffs (even before knowing that they were going to play Anaheim). It's just so nice to be able to take a train to SJ, have many, many beers, and taunt SJ fans!

Good luck against CHI, Denny! :mug:

By the time round two starts, I'll forget there even is a round two.

Well, I think round two will start before the end of May. But by then, I may not care anymore! :D

It's true that it's a LONG time beteen rounds. Some teams will have such a nice long rest it'll be like starting a new season. Especially those teams who won it in four games. ;)

7 game series are good fro the bars and the teams $$ wise, as well as revenue for the broadcaster. They must hate it when so many series end early. I think we should start the reg season earlier so playoffs end earlier.

Finishing in June is nuts. I want to go boating, not sit in my basement with the windows covered watching hockey.

Seriously! Can I just take a moment to say how much I hate Pronger. I hope that Kronwall finds a minute to plant him into the boards...

don't worry he'll take a run at datsyuk and pavel will step out of the way like stevie did in '02. leaving pronger with a busted up knee from crshing into the boards.:D

Back