Stanley Cup Playoffs 2009

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
What would be good for the sport? How about firing that ass Bettman, and adding back some missing Canadian teams. Also, how about shock treating some of the Eastern Conference owners. You know, the ones who want wider nets and double digit scores.

+1 on Bettman and Canadian teams. Sorry Phoenix, but your franchise belongs back in Winnipeg.

I'm OK with more scoring but wider nets just ain't right. Goalie equipment needs to be addressed. 35" pads, smaller blocker or shoulders?

I know what you mean but those composite shafts generate more torque thus harder, faster shots. Considering the over-equipped netminders, this is not all bad.

profilepic10885_1.gif

This. We're about due.

+1 on Bettman and Canadian teams. Sorry Phoenix, but your franchise belongs back in Winnipeg.

I'm OK with more scoring but wider nets just ain't right. Goalie equipment needs to be addressed. 35" pads, smaller blocker or shoulders?

how bout a tight uniforn tunic for goalies? keep a lot of the dribbling shot from being stopped and caught in a fold of fabric.

Wings are in, but man, they are making me worried. Yeah, third place overall, but why do I got a butterfly in my gut? Well, the playoffs are a whole different season. Many teams that claim the presidents trophy wind up going home first or second round, so we'll see.

I'm praying for a Detroit-Boston matchup at the end. A friend is a former Mass. resident (as a kid) and a fan of the Bruins (although he doesn't follow them currently) and I think it would get him interested again and we could have a good time watching some games (until the Wings win the cup that is...)

NO WAY DET makes it to the finals without a playoff caliber goalie. And I am not saying it to be mean. :D

NO WAY DET makes it to the finals without a playoff caliber goalie. And I am not saying it to be mean. :D

Yep, but Osgood was good enough last year and has the ability to do it. Conklin had some very impressive stats earlier this season, and it's possible they put him in if Osgood struggles.

Plus, if Detroit can manage to keep the defense up, they wont' have to be awesome, just good enough. It's been done before. But a great goalie is generally a requirement to win it all.

So, Vancouver vs St Louis. Any blues fans I can talk trash to? :D

Glad to see the habs made it in.

Please see post #49. Looks like Aleforge is a fan as well. Are all cK-heads as unobservant as you?

Your team is only a goalie. Your marquee players are just that, not hockey players. You ain't got squat for PP or PK, not a good combination for playoff success.

Blues in 6.

(how is that for trash talk?) ((I'm not adding a smiley 'cause I hate those little f-ers))

*sigh*
It's been a long time, maybe this is the year.

View attachment 10605
Yessir. That is what I'm talking about.

Sean Avery is a moron. He tried to play the victim so refs don't realize he's an instigator. I wish I could find the clip where he hit tim thomas on the back of the head pretending that it was unintentional. If you watch the entire clip he searched the entire rink to make sure none of the refs were watching him. He's a disgrace to any team that he steps on. Then again, he belongs in NY.
Go Habs Go! :)

LOGO_Montreal_Canadiens.gif

...I can feel the hate already
Blow habs blow is the actual saying, I believe :)

This should be one helluva series against Boston.
Possibly.

Here's a funny video. What makes it funnier for me is that I'm a bruins fan and my girlfriend is a habs fan. She lives about 45 minutes from Montreal.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6cr89xbl26g]YouTube - Bruins Hockey Rules_Date[/ame]

St Louis Blues can cry me a song.

Canucks in 5.

Two of the hottest teams in the league. Sure the nucks have Luongo, but it takes so much more to win. Each of the games have been fairly close. The season was split 2-2-0 for each team. I'm excited. I think it will be Blues in 7. I really want to see a hawks-blues series. How awesome would that be? I'm glad the rivalry has been re-ignited.

Go Blues!!!

Well they do have the Sedin Sisters, although they have really lacked in past playoff appearances.

Yeah, but the Wings are looking major sucky right now. Can't win a game, even if they're ahead through the first 2 periods.

Love the Wings, but if they don't start playing like they're serious, they'll be out early.

I guess we all need a little of this, for good luck:
View attachment 10609

Does that mean your not betting on them this yr Yoop?

Well maybe in 6. ;)

Kesler, Burrows will pick it up. The seidns will hopefully follow as they tend to get stuck inthe "circle". Be nice of Pyatt gets back, he has a good size they could use, but hey how does one get over an 11 year relationship that started in school and lasted till she was killed in an accident in Jamaica?

I have a feeling Sundin will make a much more obvious presence in the playoffs. I think that is really the reason he did not retire.

Hey, it;s my birthday and if I make no sense..you can all ..FACK OFF! :D

Well happy birthday.

Too bad most of your players completely disappear in the playoffs. Sure Sudin and Demitra both tend to stay around a bit, but the sisters, Burrows (gotta love the deal we got you, though thanks for the Backes steal) all drop off in the playoffs.... At least the Blues don't know how they're going to perform. haha. Mason is still an unknown, only 3 players with more than 2 play-off appearances, most of whom aren't big pt producers. (Walt the exception, and he usually produces about what he did in season).

Happy birthday, D.

When you sit down to watch the game tonight, pour yourself a nice homebrew... then cry in it!

Happy birthday, D.

When you sit down to watch the game tonight, pour yourself a nice homebrew... then cry in it!

We'll see who ends up crying!
smhockey3.gif

I'm actually suprised I feel fairly normal today. I mean last night I had wine, caesars, beer, gin, and more beer and a few free shots thrown in by pretty waitresses.

Wow. Pens got it on last night!

Vancouver took game one from the Blues... interesting! Can the blues fight their way into the second round?

Wings play tonight. Scary series against one of the hottest goalies right now, and one that has played very well against us. We need to turn up the heat and pepper him with pucks.

I'm in a quandary.

I can't decide which of the two, Detroit or S. Avery, that I would like to see eliminated first....

Back