Stanley Cup Playoffs 2009

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
OK, I'm gonna enter my predictions....Wings in 7.

This is gonna be a slug fest all the way til the end..In fact my gut says that the wings will lose game 2 tonight, and possibly game 3 in Pittsburgh, but after that pretty boy Crosby and the rest of the pingus are going down.

3-1 wings.....I dunno, it looks like I might be eating some crow. :D

eating_crow.jpg

:ban::ban::ban:

It's awfully quiet in here..:mug:

The penguin fans are plain stunned at the realization that just maybe their team indeed sucks, and Cindy Crosby really is a nancy boy wanker, and not the hockey god the the nhl and nbc play him up as.

And mybe they realize that the "Crosby Show" IS likely getting cancelled after only 5 episodes. :D

FinalNBC.jpg

I dunno if this works but this bit from 97.1 the ticket was pretty funny...

http://podcast.971theticket.com/wxyt/1767033.mp3

if crosby wasnt the best player in the league, there wouldnt be 3-4 guys from detroit swarming at him half the time when he touches the puck. and he still manages to get a handfull of chances and even once chance by coming in the zone and splitting 3 defenders and almost put one in. if you know a better skater and player in the league who can create better plays/chances id like to know who that is.

if crosby wasnt the best player in the league, there wouldnt be 3-4 guys from detroit swarming at him half the time when he touches the puck. and he still manages to get a handfull of chances and even once chance by coming in the zone and splitting 3 defenders and almost put one in. if you know a better skater and player in the league who can create better plays/chances id like to know who that is.
one name comes to mind,,,,,datsyuk, pavel NMI

one name comes to mind,,,,,datsyuk, pavel NMI

i don't think so, i think he's among the top players but crosby is still a stronger/more skilled skater and creates more chances. and crosby is 9 years younger and is still getting better every year. the only reason everyone else hates him/thinks he isn't as great as everyone hypes him up to be is because hes not on the team that they support.

Geeze the wings usta to have a farm team here years ago... That makes me a fan and I'm hammered on 2 month old rougeon wine. 2-0 now and I can't wait till tuesday..Just another reason to get **** faced during the week.. They were in Glens Falls for all the old farts on the forum..

NHL players rate Crosby 8th best - Bob Smizik's Blog - post-gazette.com

Those "3-4 guys" is Zetterberg. It just looks like more because he's doing such a great job of shutting Cindy down.

Those "3-4 guys" is Zetterberg. It just looks like more because he's doing such a great job of shutting Cindy down.

+1

If there were "3-4" guys on Crosby, then that would leave 2-3 players open. Judging from the lack of Pens goals, I don't think that's the case.

Zetterberg just has him tied up - watch him play Crosby. The past couple of series, players were just letting Crosby set up shop at the side of the net. Zetterberg won't let him do that because he's a tremendous defensive forward.

Not to mention Flips doing the same thing to Malkin for the most part.

Sad thing is, Pittsburgh came out to play right from the get-go, not after two games like last year, and they are STILL down 2 games to start the series!

No sign of life from Crosby (well, no points and a few decent shots).

Fleury has let in a couple of goals that I bet he wishes he could have back.

They even got more face-offs and shots!

But they've been out-scored 6-2 so far.

Datsyuk and Zetterberg may not be quite as good on offense, but they have the ability, as has been shown for several years. They reason they don't get the flashy plays as often is because they also play pretty hard defense. That is something that Yzerman fought against for a year or so before finally accepting the role and is something that the Wings have required of their players since Bowman took over many years ago.

bowman didn't want a player that thought of how he'd look on the replay shows. he wanted one that would go down to block the shot from a defenseman on the point. he also required them to be responsible defensively and understand that the game wasn't only about offense.
this is why crosby isnt the best player in the league. he's good on offense but his defense sucks some hind tit and until he learns the lesson the pens will not win a cup.

I'm really liking Helm. He's really got a lot of energy and loves to hit and blazing fast.

Ha ha. I saw someone post Hossa = Traitor in a forum and I bet they don't think that Pittsburgh picked him up for just the one season, and midway through at that. Not exactly a long-term commitment!

At least nobody can say the Pens aren't trying. They've been very good fast-paced games so far. Refs mostly letting them play.

That's without Selkie winner/candidate P. Datsyuk . The Wings don't even have to put their best defensive forward on Crosby or Malkin .

no they dont have to put their best defensive forward on them, they have 3 guys going at them whenever they touch the puck. crosby or malkin 1 on 1 facing either datsyuk or zetterburg id take crosby or malkin any day of the week.

and im gonna have to say the pens outplayed the wings for the first and third periods of last nights game. if im correct i think 4 of those pucks rang of the post, if those pucks went in and not off the post it would have been an entirely different game but oh well. they also outshot the wings again last night and took the faceoffs this game. also 2 non calls last night that led to wings goals, the slash by hossa, and the interference on malkin when the wings scored off the faceoff, but i guess the refs are letting them play which is cool too. but we'll see how game 3 goes, pens are definately gonna take both games at home!

yeah i guess you could say that. i can see the non call on the malkin interference but the slash by hossa that broke the stick, that was pretty damn obvious.

Here it goes.

Wings fans are feeling cocky and letting it all hang out.

This thread has been active for close to 2 months. Maybe a post or two per page came from a Wings fan. Every one of these poodles has seen the thread on a daily basis but mostly said nothing. Now that they're up 2-0 everybody's chirpin' away.

Hockeytown my ass.

id take crosby or malkin any day of the week.

Good for you, we'll take Stanley Cups home everyday of the week. Anyone who doesn't think Datsyuk is every bit as good or better of a puck handler/playmaker than Crosby, doesn't watch hockey.

Hockeytown my ass.

Sucess sure breeds resentment doesn't it? I haven't been on this forum much in the last few weeks, or id be chirpin plenty. And I was born annd raised in Michigan and have rooted for the Wings for the past 22 years, so you can kiss my hockey town ass.

Sucess sure breeds resentment doesn't it? I haven't been on this forum much in the last few weeks, or id be chirpin plenty. And I was born annd raised in Michigan and have rooted for the Wings for the past 22 years, so you can kiss my hockey town ass.

Behold, the first stereotypical response.

Behold, the first stereotypical response.

Would you rather me root for the Pens? Or better yet, why is someone with their team not in the finals running their mouths? Go play golf, maybe you'll run into some Blues players.

Good for you, we'll take Stanley Cups home everyday of the week. Anyone who doesn't think Datsyuk is every bit as good or better of a puck handler/playmaker than Crosby, doesn't watch hockey.

just another crosby hating *****er. you're all the same, you just call him cindy or say he sucks because you dont want to admit hes the best. you sir obviously dont watch hockey if your gonna try and tell me that a 30 year old datsyuk is better than a 21 year old crosby who won the hart, pearson and ross trophy at age 19?

just another crosby hating *****er. you're all the same, you just call him cindy or say he sucks because you dont want to admit hes the best. you sir obviously dont watch hockey if your gonna try and tell me that a 30 year old datsyuk is better than a 21 year old crosby who won the hart, pearson and ross trophy at age 19?

Step back and take a breath homer. Did I say I hated Crosby? No. Did I call him Cindy? No. And frankly age has zero to do with any argument, he could sustain a career ending injury in the next game and never be heard from again. I simply stated that Datsyuk is every bit as good a Crosby is, and gets ZERO pub. Just look at their stats, it's not hard to figure out. Oh, and until Crosby wins something, he is not great. And btw Datsyuk, and Crosby, and me all have the same amount of points in this series.

oh man your smart. the only reason you datsyuk has "won" something is because of his team. it doesnt matter if crosby was injured and never played again, he'd still be better. and age does have something to do with it, hes only going to keep getting better, where as datsyuk is already reached his peak.you dont have to win the stanley cup to be the best. winning the cup only means that your team won, not a single person.

and look at their stats? datsyuk has 351 assists and 171 goals in 526 games, crosby has 265 assists and 132 goals in 290 games. please give me a break. if he was every bit as good he'd have twice the amount of assists and goals crosby has.

oh man your smart. the only reason you datsyuk has "won" something is because of his team. it doesnt matter if crosby was injured and never played again, he'd still be better. and age does have something to do with it, hes only going to keep getting better, where as datsyuk is already reached his peak.you dont have to win the stanley cup to be the best. winning the cup only means that your team won, not a single person.

Wow! This post is full of amazing facts. If Crosby never played again he'd still be the best? I won't even dignify that with a response. You don't have to win the cup to be the best? Then why do the have finals? And my goodness, with the best two players the world has ever known, the "team" should have no problem winning the cup. Of course by your logic that would mean nothing.

and if you weren't mentally retarded and knew how to read, you would know i was talking not winning the cup for a single person to be the best. and i obviously said the team has to be good to win the cup r-tard.

WTF? When did this become the "insults and smack talk" thread?

Knock it off. I want to talk about hockey, not have back and forth insults.

I knew the game last night would be fast paced, and it was. What's up with Datsyuk anyway? He hasn't played in a long time, and all I hear is "sore foot" as an explanation. I know Babcock is tight lipped about injuries, but this must be pretty serious to keep Pavel out of the Stanley Cup finals.

Back