Stanley Cup Playoffs 2009

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Man, I'm surprised that there are no Hawks fans chirping away here. I certainly would not expect the same level of noise that is coming from the Detroit contingency. Seriously, Wings fans are the Red Sox fans of hockey.

But nothing? Can't even hear Chi-town crickets...

Maybe they're all afraid of the ever-the-bridesmaid-never-the-bride existence that is the Chicago Cubs.

It's kinda like a fight between your MIL and SIL. You just wish they'd STFU.

EDIT: the STFU thing doesn't really apply this this thread. Pukehawk fans are nowhere in sight.

I just finished watching the game....DVR'd cuz we were at the hospital visiting with my Father-in-law.

Hawks are in trouble now...serious trouble. Played much better tonight, physical, finished checks. Too many damn turnovers though.

Methinks we don't take game 3, get out the brooms.

The UC has been magical in the playoffs though...still have hope.

Good game. Not as fast or skilled as the first, but exciting nonetheless. Detroit surprisingly won it in OT. Chicago is in trouble now. Need to win 4 out of 5??

The only thing baseball is good for is putting you to sleep. I cannot watch it, listen to it, or even go to the games. Its pretty sad they have to implement a period of "stretching" just to keep everyone awake until the end.

Hawks fan here.
At this point it's all gravy.
I was just hoping the Hawks would first make the playoffs, then make it past 1st round, then maybe make some noise.
As much as I hate the Wings (kinda required by my fan status) I will say, they are a better team than Chicago.
Regardless of how this series plays out, I raise my glass to the Wings fans here, you all are some really knowledgeable hockey fans.
I also raise my glass to the Chicago Blackhawks !
Way to come out from the evil shadow of Dollar Bill!!!

Proud Hawks fan - Ytsejam

Hawks fan here.
I was just hoping the Hawks would first make the playoffs, then make it past 1st round, then maybe make some noise.
As much as I hate the Wings (kinda required by my fan status) I will say, they are a better team than Chicago.
Regardless of how this series plays out, I raise my glass to the Wings fans here, you all are some really knowledgeable hockey fans.

My god man, have you no ambition? You've given up after 2 games?

Are you so familiar with the Tao of Cub that you can't imagine winning?

Ha ha, I love it!

Hawks fan here.

I would love to see the Wing's sweep the Hawks but I don't see it happening.

Will know more after tonights game.:D

I think the Blackhawks will come out and play hard and well, and win tonight's game.

They're fast and young, and fun to watch.

Of course, the Wings are always great to watch. I will be at the cottage all weekend (damn company coming), so I won't know who won for a couple of days. That kind of takes the excitement out of it, you know?

Mike Keenan was fired today...

aahh ha ha ha ha ha aaaahhhhhh HA HA ha ha ha ha ha

aaaAAAHHHhhh hahahahahahahahaha ha ha HA!!

Not that I mind seeing Kronwall gone from the game, but that seems like it may have been a weak call.
Hard to say for sure, since I don't get VS and am reduced to watching on a really choppy online stream.
How do I set up a Canadian IP proxy so I can watch CBC's good feed?

Damn!
Now Havlat won't return to game. I guess concussion, he looked pretty out of it.

Definitely, a clean hit by Kromwell and should not have resulted in a game misconduct or a major penalty. It is nice to see the Blackhawks pushing the tempo and playing within their abilities, but they need to send more people to the net.

Sorry if this is old news to any Chicago-an, but I heard the most hilarious thing today - someone saying, "Don't Toews me, bro!"

Red Wings fan or not, I want that on a shirt.

Kronwalled.jpg

Today's game is on at noon out west. Guess all that stuff I wanted to accomplish this afternoon will need to wait.

Lidsrtom is out?

Chicago blew that game badly. Next year they will focus on the game and not on trying to get the opponent to take bad penalties. I'm tired of hearing their coach complain about the officials when they def took too many stupid penalties and on purpose.

I seriously doubt they will play that way on Wednesday. I just wonder which goalie they will have in net. I felt bad that the young kid only got a few minutes play time filing in for Huet. I think he played as well as, if not better. He sure looked scared though!

Back