Stalled fermentation

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jackson101

Reaction score
I have a american stout that has been in the fermentor for 2 weeks. It started at 1.068 and is now at 1.027 and seems to have stalled out.

The recipe consists of:
10.75lbs pale malt.
1lb crystal 40
12oz Munich malt
12oz crisp roasted barley

I used wyeast 1056 with a starter.
The recipe had it mashing at 157F.
What are some option do I have?

Thanks in advance.

I have a american stout that has been in the fermentor for 2 weeks. It started at 1.068 and is now at 1.027 and seems to have stalled out.

The recipe consists of:
10.75lbs pale malt.
1lb crystal 40
12oz Munich malt
12oz crisp roasted barley

I used wyeast 1056 with a starter.
The recipe had it mashing at 157F.
What are some option do I have?

Thanks in advance.
What are you using the check the start and current gravity?

what temp did it ferment at? maybe raise the temp a few degrees and give it a light swirl to resuspend the yeast. It might be done with the high mash temp and the specialty grains.

Edit: How does it taste?

what temp did it ferment at? maybe raise the temp a few degrees and give it a light swirl to resuspend the yeast. It might be done with the high mash temp and the specialty grains.

Fermented around 67-68. I'm slowly raising the temp a degree or two now. If I swirl the fermentor what is the chance of getting oxidation?
It tastes really good. More concerned about bottle bombs. I'm going to wait until next week to bottle.

Sent from my iPhone using Home Brew

Fermented around 67-68. I'm slowly the temp a degree or two now. If I swirl the fermentor what is the chance of getting oxidation?
It tastes really good. More concerned about bottle bombs. I'm going to wait until next week to bottle.

Fermented around 67-68. I'm slowly the temp a degree or two now. If I swirl the fermentor what is the chance of getting oxidation?

Just dont do alot of splashing around, just a gentle swirl will do..give it another week and recheck

Back