Stainless Steel Conical Fermenter-Bottling From-Flat Beer

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Vascodecerveja

Reaction score
Alright,

Long time board creeper, first time poster. Much thanks to all those that have posted their successes, foibles, and follies on here.

I recently (September) got a Stainless Steel Fermenter. Love it so far.

Alright, the problem I've encountered is I just a brewed Rogue Hazelnut (All Grain) Clone.

I added my brown sugar to 5 Gallons (1/2 Cup directly to the Stainless Steel Fermenter, after cooling) and bottled directly from it.

It's been about 3 weeks in bottle, way under carbonated. I think that I did not disturb the yeast enough off the bottom enough /not a lot of yeast got into bottle to full carb it? There is no yeast sediment in the bottle at all, that's why I don't think it is the amount of sugar added issue, but maybe I'm wrong.

Do you all think if I extract yeast from the bottom of fermenter and stir it back in when adding sugar that I can directly bottle successfully from the fermenter? How much do you think, I'd like to keep some clarity and not have a ton of yeast in the bottles. (YES, I need to go Keg soon, currently scouting chest freezer for fermentation chamber).

I was honestly trying to take the bottling bucket step out of the brewing/bottling equation as it is plastic and (not recently) I've had infection and I believe it came from bottling bucket use.

Capture.PNG

There should still be yeast in suspension for carbing so you shouldn't need to rouse it back into your beer for bottling - when using your bottling bucket in the past didn't you rack off the cake and leave it behind? My question would be how you ensured mixing of the priming sugar, I think that's a more likely explanation.

Back