St. Patty's Day brew

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Acoma

Reaction score
With St. Patrick's day just around the corner I wanted to ask everyone what is their favorite beer to drink on this day? I'd like to try out something other than Guiness for once and it would be nice to hear of some recommendations or traditions. :tank:

Yeah, that would have been nice if I planned it. I have a buddy coming in from out of town and wanted to pick up some craft brews sticking with the St. Patty's Day theme.

I still have about 14 500ml bottles of my Irish Red ale in reserve (not counting those in the fridge)... Should have enough left for the 17th...

Next year, I'll have to actually PLAN to have a brew ready for St. Patty's Day... Something that I can brew, and reserve until the blessed day arrives. :D Maybe I'll make a few different things... hmmmmmmm Could be a busy January next year. :rockin:

If someone give you crap about saying St Patty's Day tell em, "Pog mo thoin." I like to start my day off with a Smithwick's and a boxty.

Meatyportion, that is good to know. I'm half Irish and never knew people took exception to that.

I do like Smithwicks but I'm thinking of just grabbing some random Irish Red craft brews to try something new out. I found a few on beeradvocate that look like they are worth a try. Thanks guys.

Back