SS Brewtech FTS Temperature Control for BREW buckets

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

czmkid

Reaction score
http://www.ssbrewtech.com/collections/ftss/products/ftss-temp-control-for-7-gallon-bucket-chronical

I have been more than pleased wit the ss brew buckets and now they have figured out a way to make it even better. Looks to be a new lid and ss coils with a thermostat that controls internal fermentation temps! Sign me up please. Although I use an old fridge with a jtc their solution would control the internal wort temps and not the air temp surrounding the fermenters inside. Think about it you could stack as many buckets as needed and daisy chain your cooling liquid to run from bucket to bucket...brew as much as you want without of running out of fermentation chamber room ;). Anyway just a heads up if it hasn't already been posted.

Czm

Daisy channing would not work, but a single cold resivor with multiple pumps and circuits would, as long as it was large and cold enough to maintain temps.

I have the SS brew bucket. I've keep thinking about building a fermentation chamber (nothing fancy; old freezer with light bulb in a can for heat using an STC-1000 for temp control. I'd spend more time acquiring the freezer than actually building it.

OR...buy this when it comes out. My questions:
- What kind of cooling setup would I really need, how complex, etc. It says you can use ice, but how long is that going to last?
- How much of a PITA will it be to build a glycol system for cooling it?
- Can it heat? Basement can get a bit chilly in the winter but would be nice to do an ale down there instead of in the laundry room.

I'm not lacking space and I imagine I can build a fermentation chamber for less. I'm liking this thing but unsure if it is really the smart way to go.

Back