Squeezing extract from foil bag

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CraptainWirtz

Reaction score
I buy my LME from MoreBeer, and it comes in a foil bag. Have any other MoreBeer customers ever found any type of squeezer/roller apparatus (like you might use for a toothpaste tube) to quickly squeeze most of the extract out?

With some quick googling I was able to find this:

img_201_1024x1024.jpg

But it's only 3 inches wide, so I don't think it would work even if you folded the bag over. Any other ideas? Surely something bigger exists, maybe for an industrial purpose, that's wide enough for a folded over extract bag. This might work if you folded the bag over twice, but I'm not sure how easy that is.

Won't the LME come out more easily if it were warmed up?
I heat my cans of Munton's LME and the stuff can't WAIT to come out. You can also rinse the bag with warm, sterile water.

I just add hot water or scoop some hot wort into the bag to dissolve whatever is left in there. Repeat if necessary.

The last time I added hot wort back into the bag, I spilled it all over the counter. I suppose I could try heating the bag itself before pouring it out, but it seems like it might be a fine line between hot enough to flow easily and too hot to handle for a several minutes while squeezing. For some reason I just like the the mechanical solution better, but these ideas are certainly worth trying.

Latest posts

Back