Sprechers Root Beer a hit

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BigdogMark

Reaction score
I just got back from a church camp-out where I made up a keg of Sprechers root beer. It was the hit of the evenings. We took vanilla ice cream, stored in ice and rock salt, to make root beer floats. Everyone kept coming back for more.

I also made up a keg of Raspberry-Lemon Chrystal Light and carbonated it. Folks liked it a lot during the heat of the day.

I plan to try a few other of the extracts, and possibly even make up root beer from scratch, but at least I know I can make a winner using the Sprechers syrup.

That's a good one! My daughter mentioned it last night, and asked me to make some more. Then she said, "The only thing wrong with the Sprecher's is that it doesn't have enough vanilla." I never thought about that before, but maybe a teaspoon of vanilla in the rootbeer would make it even better.

Since she's pregnant and not drinking, I'll make her up some root beer with vanill if that's what she wants!

It is a syrup. You mix one gallon with 4 gallons of water, shake/site, then carbonate. I bought mine from Northern Brewer.

If you order this, be prepared to be stunned by the smell when you open the box. The jug came packaged in a separate sealed plastic bag and the wondrously flavorful smell was still getting through.

Back