Sprecher Pub Ale clone

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Kirmat

Reaction score
I'm trying to recreate this beer for a friend. Having a hard time figuring out exactly how to do so. Found a website by Sprecher, http://www.sprecherbrewery.com/beer.php, that gives some detailed information about the beer, but in that I'm pretty new at this, it's not quite enough.

Any help would be appreciated.

Certainly helpful

"Alcohol by Volume: 4.5%
Degrees Plato (Initial Gravity): 12P
Weeks Aged: 4
Bitterness Units: 17 IBU
Malts: Caramel, Chocolate, Munich, Pale, Victory
Hops: Fuggles, Northern Brewer"

I guess something like:
80% pale
10% Munich
4% Cara/Crystal 60
4% Victory
2% Chocolate
Mash ~152
OG 1.048

90 minute boil with the Norther Brewer near the start of the boil to bitter, and add .5 oz of the Fuggles near the end of the boil for a bit of aroma. I'd also add some whirloc near the end to clear.

Not sure what strain they use, but I really like WY 1968 for malty English ales (the moderate-low attenuation is about right for this beer). Ferment in the mid-high 60s. FG 1.014 (71% apparent attenuation).

I'm not saying it will be exact, but it will get you in the general range (from there you'll have to adjust to get the recipe closer on a re-brew).

Back