Spirimint?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Matrix4b

Reaction score
I was contemplating a Peach mead with spirimint in it. Only I don't have much experience with mints. I was planing on using the leaves rather than an extract as I like to keep it more pure. Extracts are actually made by using alcohol to bring out the flavor. Only I don't know how many leaves to put in. Planing on putting it into the secondary with the peach juice.

Anyone have any idea where I can get sprirmint leaves and how much to use. I beleive with just normal mint you would need only 1-4 leaves for a 5 gallon batch, or rather 5 gallon to start. Was planing on putting about 10-12 pounds of peaches in it, juiced and de-pulped and the spiriment.

So any Idea how much to put in and where to get the spiriment? My spelling on that might not be good.

I like very sweet meads by the way.

Hmm, I wonder if making a mint tea might tea might be better. I was thining also about making a mead with green tea. I wonder if a Green Tea Peach would be good. Hmmmm.

Sounds very "spirimintal" to me. Mebe try "thining" less and "spiriminting" more.

The beauty is, it is your concoction. And while the chances are high that it has been tried before, it has never been tried by you and is therefore worth the trouble if it interests you.

But, since we are talking Mead I might suggest you start with 1 gallon "spirimints" just in case you find it wasn't agreeing with you.

Good luck and have fun.

Ok so my spelling is off, I was thinking on doing the full 5 gallon batch because I know that particularly with spices and herbs it may take the volume to mellow out the flavors. I have not heard of a Peach Spearmint but it sounds good. More commonly I have heard of Peach Ginger. I look forward to the results.

Latest posts

Back