Spike Flex 5 Fermenter - How to install the racking tube?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lakedawgs

Reaction score
I won a Spike Flex 5 at a homebrew fest. I cannot figure out how to install the racking tube. I assume it is a push fit in to the back of the ball valve but it seems like there should be a gasket or fitting to help keep it tight. Anyone that owns one of these offer some insight please?
THANKS

I won a Spike Flex 5 at a homebrew fest. I cannot figure out how to install the racking tube. I assume it is a push fit in to the back of the ball valve but it seems like there should be a gasket or fitting to help keep it tight. Anyone that owns one of these offer some insight please?
THANKS

The racking arm gets clamped in to the port from the outside first, then the butterfly valve gets clamped on afterwards.

The standard Flex fermenter comes with a ball valve and separate racking arm that presses into the tri clamp connection.
See the video below from Spike that shows the assembly. The seal for the racking arm should be in the tri clamp fitting.

Latest posts

Back