SPARGE (COFI) PIPE FOR HERMS MT

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Wheelspin

Reaction score
What's the thinking on the Brew Boss Center Out Forced Infusion (COFI) technology.

1.png
2.png

Looks quite interesting to me but are there draw backs ?

One possible concern could be that the down pipe creates a channel around itself when recirculating.

Anyone know any thing about these or had experience with them ?

I use a brew boss for almost all my brewing. I’m not sure about channeling, but I still stir my mash once or twice. I find that I tend to start the mash by slightly throttling the pump out and occasionally turning it up.

I’ve started to use more rice hulls in batches lately and feel my mash efficiency is ticking up a bit. Not enough batches yet for the data to confirm that but I think it will prove out. The COFI is an interesting concept and overall am pleased with it. Bit of a pain to take the lid off to stir but I still do it as I think it’s needed on most batches I do. Others may disagree, but I feel like it works for me.

Early batches I did I milled a bit to fine and was getting some of the holes clogged. Once I figured the proper mill settings, haven’t had many issues since.

Cleanup on the COFI basket and parts is pretty easy and quick as well.

What was the gap setting that you settled on that seems to work the best

i have a cereal killer mill, and it's now set perfectly in the middle of the .25 & .5, so i guess thats .375

works great for me, however i still use a handful (most recipes) or 2 (any recipe with wheat) of rice hulls with each batch.

Latest posts

Back