Space Dust Clone critique

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BadWolfOregon

Reaction score
Here's a basic little recipe I'm thinking of trying. This is just a 5 gallon test batch...

10 lbs 2-row pale
4.5 lbs Carapils
1 lb C-10

1oz Chinook for 60 minutes
1oz Amarillo - 20 minutes
1oz Citra - 20 minutes
1oz Citra - dry hop 5 days

1 packet US-05

All the numbers seem to work out, and this is basically the varieties of grains and hops that Elysian uses.

Thoughts, input, feedback? Thanks!

4.5# of carapils is waaaay too much in my opinion. id also move your 20 minute to 10 minutes, I'd add a 3ounce whirlpool or hop back then I'd dry hop with 3oz

also, C10 isn't going to do much for this beer. I 'm thinking more C-40 for the color.

Yeah, wasn't thinking clearly. I'll bump the Pale up to about 14lbs, and drop the Carapils to 12oz.

I went with the C-10 because Elysian says they use C-15 in theirs, but I'm not sure I can find it.

It's been brewed and primary FINALLY has settled down. The wort had a ton of fermentables in it, and a very strong hop character. Hard to say at this point. I won't have time to dry-hop until this weekend, but I took a quick smell and it smells awesome. I'm kind of waiting to finish it up until I get some more kegs, since I don't have one to put it in!

I think I screwed up my mash on this one and ended up with too many non fermentables. It was super sweet. :( A friend made it twice, however, and it turned out great!

Back