South Jersey/Philly Group Buy... ROUND 8!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Didnt realize I was throwing my +1 on such a hot button issue here (havent been involved since buy #2). I'm not that concerned with the extra wait..

This thread got nasty quick

It sure did. I am not that concerned with the extra wait either, was just trying to make a suggestion.

Ok Merc, you win. Whatever, dude.

You made a suggestion, just as I did. You just didn't like my suggestion, as I didn't like yours. "And just for the record", you'll notice that in my original post that this wasn't only directed at you. There have been quite a few people complaining about having to wait a few more days for grain, you weren't the only one. I think that the majority of the buyers are pretty much tired of hearing it as Jeff is kind enough to use his time to organize these buys and none of us want it to end.

"Please end this here and do not reply"

Whoa! What just exploded in here?!

The paypal thing has discussed last round. I do agree that paypal is the quickest way but I personally don't mind waiting a few extra days for a check to come. I will never make this a paypal only event because I don't want anyone to miss out because they want to pay with another method.

I hope this doesn't become a trend with our group buys.

Hey guys.. This was setup so ALL Homebrewers have a chance to buy Malts at bulk rate pricing.

You have members on here ordering for their brew club that need to pay by Club Checks. You also have homebrewers that don't have a way of using Pay Pal, or just don't trust it.
Checks, Cash, and Money Orders, all need to be a part of these group buys so everyone gets a shot.

There are no more services for individual homebrewers through NCMG (unless you were already an active customer this year), so be thankful we as homebrewers still have discounted pricing at all.

There shouldn't be any bitching or moaning about an order taking a couple weeks to get together after the pallet is filled and invoices are sent out on this board. If you made the pallet.. you will receive your grain.

If you're out of grain and live by one of us.. I'm sure you can always get some poundage for a batch until your order rolls in by asking. If not.. bite the bullet and order from one of this sites sponsors, or your LHBS.

If there is a demand for malt, Jeff will start another group buy as soon as this one delivers. If little demand is encountered, you'll have to wait a few more weeks. So shout out if you need bulk malt!

ferman if you want them you can have them i have been getting the flip tops now and again so i have a few of them.

Thanks, fitz. I will gladly take them if you don't mind. Or why don't we just split them and we both get a few?

Whoa! What just exploded in here?!

Just a little noise as I hear it. Lordura, you have done an excellent job and have far exceeded my expectations, and i am very comfortable letting you decide what is "reasonable" with regards to methods of payment. The basic rules of the GB are on page 1 of the thread.

Thanks in advance for your efforts!

Last payment was received today! I should hear back about the expected delivery date on monday. I'll keep everyone posted.

I will... there isn't much interest for another one yet. I might just start it up after this one is completed. I'm sure it will take a little longer unless some NY guys get involved.

Cool... after this one is delivered, I'll start a new one. Maybe the last one until spring.

so how long does it usually take for the shipment to come in. so i can kinda schedule things with work.

From the time a brand new group buy starts to the time the pallet is actually delivered is typically about 2-4 weeks. Most buys lately have filled up in a week or less, but some have taken two or three weeks to completely fill. Then it usually takes a week to 10 days for all payments to come in and another week for the pallet to arrive once the order is placed.

Hope this helps.

I'm still waiting to hear back about the delivery date. With Columbus day coming up, I'm pushing to get it delivered directly after as long as they can accommodate. I'll call again tomorrow morning to verify.

We will definitely get one more GB together before winter.

Here's a little update!

I just heard back from NCM.
The CM-SPIL was back ordered so this will ship out on Tuesday or Thursday.
So we are looking at Oct 15th, Oct 16th OR Oct 18th for pickup depending on when it gets shipped out.
I'll call first thing Tuesday morning to check the status. So for now, let's all keep those 3 dates open!

Here's a little update!

I just heard back from NCM.
The CM-SPIL was back ordered so this will ship out on Tuesday or Thursday.
So we are looking at Sept 15th, Sept 16th OR Sept 18th for pickup depending on when it gets shipped out.
I'll call first thing Tuesday morning to check the status. So for now, let's all keep those 3 dates open!

But it's October;)

if its the 18th can anybody hold my grain for me i am leaving for disney in the morning i will be back fri. night the 22nd i can pick it up sat. hopfully it is the 15 or 16 though

if its the 18th can anybody hold my grain for me i am leaving for disney in the morning i will be back fri. night the 22nd i can pick it up sat. hopfully it is the 15 or 16 though

I can hold it if you don't find someone closer to you.

Just got confirmation that the grain is on the truck!

It will be ready for pickup on Friday Oct. 15th @ 7:15pm! I will PM everyone today/tonight with the details!

I will be away from the computer for most of the day so check you inbox tonight!

Because of the rain this Friday, Pickup will be on the following Monday.
Here is the message currently being PM'd to everyone:
The pickup date has been set for:
Monday October 18th @ 7:15pm

1618 Union Avenue
Pennsauken, NJ 08110

When arriving at NEMF, Please wait OUTSIDE in the parking lot to the LEFT of the building until you see a White Mazda6 and a pallet of grain! Once you see the me and the pallet, drive through the gate on the RIGHT side of the building and drive all the way around the building.

If you are splitting a sack with someone, either plan on bringing a scale or getting a Homer Bucket at Home Depot and eyeballing up your split.

If you can not make it to the pick up at 7:15pm on the 18th, PLEASE make arrangements for someone else to hold your grain for you! NEMF is being very kind to allow us to continuously use there parking lot to split up our order. Lets not over stay our welcome.

If you have any questions or problems, please post on the forum or call my cell @ 856-xxx-xxxx

Cheers!

Back