South Jersey/Philly Group Buy... ROUND 7!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Airborne - You money is green like the rest of us. Don't worry about where you are from (unless you are a NY Giants fan, that's another story). Just kidding. But seriously, like Jeff said, we always welcome everyone but encourage PayPal as much as possible. I myself had problems with it in the past so I understand why some do not want to use it. It just sucks in my opinion. I conducted a group hop buy recently and allowed ONLY PayPal. Went so smooth that we had the order placed two days after the last payment was made.

Please consider your request for a refund. We want you to be a part of the buy. I hope you were not serious.

Didn't know this was a baseball game, but 7-1 would certainly give you the win.

I'm going to defer to Lodura's post on this one and prepare to pick up my order. Thanks for dealing with all this trouble to keep these buys going. I only got so far as trying to find a loading dock to manage my own, and that was trouble enough!

PS... I could have ended all this trouble by saying that I grew up in Bayville, but I decided to keep that as my ace in the hole ;)

I'm still amazed at how quick this thing filled up. I just got my grain from Ferman from #6 and this buy had bags fillin up left and right. I bought a bunch of grain cause I didn't want to miss out. Little did I know that lordura is an animal and would be filling pallets weekly lol These buys are well organized and I'm thankful I could be a part of them. Even if it meant an almost 4 hour round trip. Thanks again lordura for keeping these going and to Ferman for some tasty homebrew. Did you try the sorachi homebrew yet ferman?

Little did I know that lordura is an animal and would be filling pallets weekly lol These buys are well organized and I'm thankful I could be a part of them. Even if it meant an almost 4 hour round trip.
Thanks for the compliments!:rockin:
4 hour round trip? Where in NJ are you?

PS... I could have ended all this trouble by saying that I grew up in Bayville, but I decided to keep that as my ace in the hole ;)

My condolences :D I grew up in Point Pleasant and my sister and bro in law lived in Bayville for 20 years. Fond memories of Route 9.

Thanks for the compliments!:rockin:
4 hour round trip? Where in NJ are you?

I hit traffic on the way to ferman's and it wound up taking me like 2 1/2 hrs. The way home was an hour and change. I'm right near Flanders NJ. Pensauken is definately a closer pickup for me but I had my brothers wedding plans make me miss the shorter trip

Did you try the sorachi homebrew yet ferman?

Not yet, bro. We had an offer for a free vacation in Florida that we could not refuse. I have it chilling in the beer fridge and plan to savor it as soon as I get back home.

Just wanted to let everyone know i didn't forget about this! The last payment should be here within the next few days so we can get rolling soon. Sorry about the delay!

UPDATE:

Great news! The last payment has arrived!

Its going into the bank as you read this. The order is ready to be shipped out pending payment. I'm going to call today to schedule the delivery and post here w/ PMs too.

UPDATE...

The grain will be available for pickup Thursday the 23rd!

Same time and location as last time.

I'll PM everyone tonight with full details!

Everyone should have received a PM by now about the scheduled pick up:

The delivery date has been set for Thursday, September 23rd at 7:15pm!

1618 Union Avenue
Pennsauken, NJ 08110

When arriving at NEMF, Please wait OUTSIDE in the parking lot to the left of the building until you see a White Mazda6 and a pallet of grain! Once you see the me and the pallet, drive through the gate on the right side of the building and drive all the way around the building.

If you are splitting a sack with someone, either plan on bringing a scale or getting a Homer Bucket at Home Depot and eyeballing up your split.

If you can not make it to the pick up at 7:15pm on the 23rd, PLEASE make arrangements for someone else to hold your grain for you! NEMF is being very kind to allow us to continuously use there parking lot to split up our order. Lets not over stay our welcome.

If you have any questions or problems, please post on the forum or call my cell @ 856-xxx-xxxx

Cheers!

ATTENTION!!!

The pallet was shipped early. If everyone is on board, we can move the pick up to Monday the 20th.
Everyone needs to agree or have someone to hold their grain.

Let me know what you guys think.

I'm out of town until Wednesday evening (and even on Thursday I was going to have to send someone else to grab my sack... heh heh).

Any Barley Legal folks in on this one, that possibly could pick up for me on Monday and hold until Wednesday?

Crap, I will be in meetings all day but, should be able to make it by 7:30 but, don't know 100% yet. Anyone live near Mullica Hill that can pick it up for me incase I can't?

If anyone needs me to pick up on monday...I am available to store anyone's grain in my garage

even though I am not part of this buy I can easily swing by the pick up location on my way home........i'm home every night so pickup can be arranged easily

FYI ....I live in Kings grant.... Marlton

Crap, I will be in meetings all day but, should be able to make it by 7:30 but, don't know 100% yet. Anyone live near Mullica Hill that can pick it up for me incase I can't?

Ryan - I can pick up for you again if you need. Just let me know.

Any Barley Legal folks in on this one, that possibly could pick up for me on Monday and hold until Wednesday?

I got you covered, Brian. Just give me a shout when you want to pick up or meet up.

So i guess Monday is looking like it might work? I'm just nervous letting that grain sit on the dock until Thursday. Like i said, i have limited room to hold bags but i can hold maybe 8 bags? If we can get this worked out, lets do it. So Monday then?

Eh... it is best for everyone to get that grain to a better location. PMs are being sent out now.

Monday works for me. Thanks. I'm on the road all day tue. If anyone needs me to pick up/ drop off grain to them in the camden/southern Burlington/Norther Gloucester county let me know.

Jeff,
I am receiving Azurelimits order until he can get up this way.

1 CM-2ROW, 1/2 CM-WHET, 1 TF-MOPA

Oldbrew, that works out well for me since I'm splitting that wheat. You need me to drop it off to you on the way home from pickup?

Back