South Jersey/Philly Group Buy... ROUND 5!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
hey Jeff--

I will be picking up for brewdude but I can't make the pickup at 7:15. Can I come pick up from you on Friday or Saturday, or can you stick it on my porch?? Let me know, whatever works for you..

brewdude PAID: 1x CM-2ROW, 1x CM-PALE, 1x CM-SPIL

Sneeze - you are going to be picking up your grain, correct? Just want to make sure that I am not picking up for you.

This is going to be my first bulk buy! I just have two questions. Sometimes I have to work weekends. Is it possible to have someone in the area hold my order for me if I’m not able to make it on the pick up date? Also anyone know of a cheap place in the area where I can get a cheap Corona style mill?

Anyway here is my order.
2X CM-2ROW

Pat - are you going to be around for the pickup tomorrow night or do you want me to pick up your sacks for you?

I'm still trying to get a sitter for the kids. Right now it doesn't look like I'll be able to make it but if that changes I'll let you know.

Thanks!

Ok. No problem. I can grab yours and meet up with you when it's more convenient. If that changes, just let me or Jeff know.

Oh well, maybe next time. I don't have a mill right now anyway, although this probably would've pushed me to buy one.

Is this still going?

xjncoguyx, there will be another group buy starting up shortly. Since you've posted in the thread, you'll know when it happens.

I'm working on an easier delivery/pickup location for Round 6. There was a last minute increase in shipping and fuel surcharges from the shipping company so I had to drop my bag of 2row off the order to cover the cost so there wouldnt be a delay in shipping. The order was prepaid so cancelling the order would have set us back even further. So since I'll need more grain now, the next GB will be started VERY soon.

xjncoguyx, there will be another group buy starting up shortly. Since you've posted in the thread, you'll know when it happens.

I'm working on an easier delivery/pickup location for Round 6. There was a last minute increase in shipping and fuel surcharges from the shipping company so I had to drop my bag of 2row off the order to cover the cost so there wouldnt be a delay in shipping. The order was prepaid so cancelling the order would have set us back even further. So since I'll need more grain now, the next GB will be started VERY soon.

Jeff I'll kick in an additional 5 bucks towards some grain for ya....paypal sent

Dont worry about it... i didn't really lose any money! It was only a few bucks. I just wouldn't have been able to get back to them with credit card info before it would ship so i just dropped mine so they wouldn't delay shipping. If they did, it would be later next week.

No problem Seth. I'll pick it up you.

thanks dude -- just PM me what you want me to do

Map for the noobs!!

nemf.jpg

Doesanyone think that this (CMC) malt seems to be much more fermentable than Briess? I'm noticing that my beers are fermenting very dry. When I was using Briess, I was lowering my mash temps to get the wort to ferment out drier, now I'm noticing that I am going to have to raise the temps back up so my beers aren't so dry.

BuonAnno - are you going to make the pick up or am I still grabbing your sacks?

(wow, read that back and tell me it doesn't sound really gay)

I had to drop my bag of 2row off the order to cover the cost so there wouldnt be a delay in shipping.

Jeff - that is f'ed up. You especially shouldn't have to take the hit. I will see if I can leave one of my 2-ROW bags with you.

I did send an extra few bucks with my PayPal for you since you are the organizer, but we should all kick a few more bucks in tonight at the pickup and buy Jeff's bag for him.

Man I missed this and am all out of grain...poor planning on my part. When is Round 6?!

Anyone get more than they need? I use 2-row pale and pils malt.

I have a couple extra 10-gal corny vessels and would consider working out some sort of trade if anyone's interested.

PM me!

No problem. I will be around all day tomorrow and just about all weekend. Drop me a line when you have some time and we'll make it happ'n cap'n.

ATTENTION EVERYONE!

Please check the forum BEFORE you come tonight!
I just received a call from NEMF and they said the pallet is there but they won't take it off the trailer until later tonight! I'm going keep calling them ALL DAY to keep tabs on this and try to force them to get this out for us.

I'll post on here as soon as I get info on it. If by 5:45pm they still refuse to bring it out, we might haveto set it up for tomorrow. I know this might be a problem for most of you so if we do have to reschedule and you can't make it, I'll hold your bags for you.

Don't forget to check here BEFORE you take the trip tonight.

Any questions or concerns, you can call me at 8563133873

Another group buy completed! Thanks to everyone who helped fill this pallet!

I'm going to start working on an easier and hassle free pickup location for the next group buy. I'll postsomedetails as soon as I get it figured out.

I'm in for atleast 6lbs!

I'm pretty sure its 20lbs of pellets per box. I'll call a little later to get a quote and maybe start up a thread tonight... unless someone else would like to take control of this one?

There is no limit... its just cheaper as far as shipping goes per/lb to get 20lbs instead of 10

Just got a shipping quote!

For 20lbs of pellet hops, we are looking at $1.30/lb for shipping!!!!

Start getting your orders ready, the thread starts tonight!!!

Peep it: www.hopsdirect.com

Back