South Jersey/Philly Group Buy... ROUND 21!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
By the time I read the e-mail then checked the supplies, this buy was full. I still have some pils left, just running low. I have other base malts here so I'll survive. LoL

If you need some soon, i'll give you one of my sacs, and ill just pick another one up next buy. Im not going to use both by then

haha!

NCM didnt get back to me today so i wont have the delivery date until Monday morning. I'll keep everyone posted!

I wish PayPal was mandatory. I didn't even know that people used checks anymore. LOL. I have been hearing from a bunch of people on HBT that they would prefer PayPal only buys. But of course, that is Jeff's call and as far as I know, he plans to continue excepting archaic checks.

Says the guy who just orders 1x PBW...

You may feel differently if your order looked like mine.

I'm hoping to have this in by the end of this week just so everyone has an idea. As long as NCM can get it out on time. I'll confirm with them Monday morning.

Wow, the whole PayPal topic really stirs the pot. I understand both sides but to be far to everyone, i'm always going to allow checks. It's really no big deal and doesn't delay the group buy so much that it would be a cause for concern.
No one is excluded from these groups buys.

I'm hoping to have this in by the end of this week just so everyone has an idea. As long as NCM can get it out on time. I'll confirm with them Monday morning.

Wow, the whole PayPal topic really stirs the pot. I understand both sides but to be far to everyone, i'm always going to allow checks. It's really no big deal and doesn't delay the group buy so much that it would be a cause for concern.
Woooooooo :rockin:

You rule.

Well put, Jeff. My intentions were not to stir the pot, I was just throwing it out there. You and I have had this discussion many times, as you know so the responses are nothing new to either of us. :)

I would love to take the drive up to NY, my 16ft box truck could bring back a few pallets! Plus we would save on the shipping, I'm with Ferman on this one. Get your money in and don't make the rest of us wait, cause some of us need the grain to brew NOW! :ban:

Its 400 mile each way. that means 8 hour drive time each way plus gas and tolls. time is money, so figure your hourly rate x 18-20 hours between loading and unloading. If you get a room to sleep add another 60 bucks on top. Then wear and tear on you truck. You won't save money on shipping.

My buddy runs a tractor trailer route up there, so he has picked up a lot of grain for me over the years from ncm. Takes him two days with the dot driving rules.

the next move is to start ordering bulk yeast. 13 to 14 bucks for 2 smack packs is getting a little unreasonable

the next move is to start ordering bulk yeast. 13 to 14 bucks for 2 smack packs is getting a little unreasonable
Or invest in yeast harvesting :D it's entirely too easy not to do it.

I got about 8 batches out of 1 tube of wlp380. (i could've gotten more, but im not sure how long it will be until my next hefe)

So 7$ / 8 = ~.88$ per batch

Or invest in yeast harvesting :D it's entirely too easy not to do it.

I got about 8 batches out of 1 tube of wlp380. (i could've gotten more, but im not sure how long it will be until my next hefe)

So 7$ / 8 = ~.88$ per batch
+ starter wort and time.

we used to take the culture right from the bottles then build the starters up from slants before you could get a lot of the strains commercially. You really need a "clean room" to do it right.
Nowdays I'm really getting lazy. I build a one step starter, then I'll wash the yeast and reuse it if its not from a high gravity brew.

+ starter wort and time.

we used to take the culture right from the bottles then build the starters up from slants before you could get a lot of the strains commercially. You really need a "clean room" to do it right.
Nowdays I'm really getting lazy. I build a one step starter, then I'll wash the yeast and reuse it if its not from a high gravity brew.
I make starters for pretty much all of my beers anyway, so the only time would be the time it takes to wash the yeast. An extra hour added on to my transfer is fine by me. :mug: Plus its nice to have certain strains on hand.

can anyone hold my grains till sat or sunday..taking wife to philly for the day and night, friday for her birthday.....i live in medford lakes and work in burlington county area... obviously ill get it from you at your convienence....i got one bag of pale malt and one bag of pilsner......luke

can anyone hold my grains till sat or sunday..taking wife to philly for the day and night, friday for her birthday.....i live in medford lakes and work in burlington county area... obviously ill get it from you at your convienence....i got one bag of pale malt and one bag of pilsner......luke

I'm in Delran if that's any help.

I also won't be able to make the pickup on Friday night as I'll be camping with the Scouts. I won't be free until Sunday around noon. I'm in Delaware County, PA and would really appreciate it if someone could grab my two sacks and I'll get them from you Sunday.

Long story short, I JUST found out I am going to need heart surgery (im in the hospital now). Anyone hold my grain? Im in philly, but I can drive if need be. Best case scenario i'll be out in a week.

I could also sell it to someone if you need it and didn't get in this round. It is one sack of Marris Otter. I also asked for a little carapils. Either option works for me, needless to say, im not going to be brewing/drinking for a little bit.

AND ITS MY GOD DANG 34th BIRTHDAY TOMORROW TOO!

Long story short, I JUST found out I am going to need heart surgery (im in the hospital now). Anyone hold my grain? Im in philly, but I can drive if need be. Best case scenario i'll be out in a week.

I could also sell it to someone if you need it and didn't get in this round. It is one sack of Marris Otter. I also asked for a little carapils. Either option works for me, needless to say, im not going to be brewing/drinking for a little bit.

Im in jenkintown, i can grab it if you want

Bummer man. Hope everything goes well.

wanlord1............if you could that would be great...ill be in cinnaminson sat night around 6 till 10pm and im off sunday so i could get the bags from you anytime...thanks.....luke 856-465-8498

Jncoguy, that'd be awesome. I wasn't able to pay for my carapils split if you could cover it, I just need 5lbs or so. I'll throw you some dough for holding onto it for me, needless to say, this situation has me a little effed up, so any help is greatly appreciated.

Sorry to hear of you heart problems!

If you are going to be off your feet for a while as far as brewing wise? I can take the Maris Otter from you on this buy. If not and you need someone to hold the grain for you, I can do that too. I live in Cherry Hill area near the Mall.
Jeff could refund your money if you paid through paypal at no charge I think?
Let me know!

wanlord1............if you could that would be great...ill be in cinnaminson sat night around 6 till 10pm and im off sunday so i could get the bags from you anytime...thanks.....luke 856-465-8498

No Problem. I should be around. 856-461-8980

Jncoguy, that'd be awesome. I wasn't able to pay for my carapils split if you could cover it, I just need 5lbs or so. I'll throw you some dough for holding onto it for me, needless to say, this situation has me a little effed up, so any help is greatly appreciated.
I'd rather not get involved in doing splits etc. But i'd be more than happy to pick up a sack for you and hold on to it until you are well enough to meet up. Sorry :(

i'm also sorry to hear the news. get better, man!! it seems like everyday i'm reading about fellow HBTers getting sick randomly. anyone of us could be next:(

if that carapils needs a home i'd gladly take it. anything i can do to help :) see ya'll tomoro

OLDBREW, its yours man. We can figure out details, I'm not going to be brewing for a little while because I won't be able to lift heavy stuff for a month or so (best case scenario).

Sorry to hear that! Best of luck to you!

Let me know how you want to handle the refund (paypal/cash).

Lordura, you can just do it via paypal, hopefully I'm stil here and kicking for the next group buy. Put me on the pm list for the notification.

OLDBREW, its yours man. We can figure out details, I'm not going to be brewing for a little while because I won't be able to lift heavy stuff for a month or so (best case scenario).

I'll square up with Jeff on the Bairds MO. I know what its like not being up and able to lift to brew!

I hope all goes well with your surgery, and that you're up and running in the near future.
Philly is home to some of the best surgeons and hospitals in the country/world, so it's really good that you live here, and not some small town in the sticks.

Thanks for the kind words, **** has me freaked out, but I'm just blessed they found problem I guess. 34 y/o and having effing heart surgery, but if I got this far with a faulty valve, I should be a monster when its fixed.

Lordura, you can just do it via paypal, hopefully I'm stil here and kicking for the next group buy. Put me on the pm list for the notification.
Will do!

Thanks to everyone for coming up tonight and making it another smooth pickup! The next group buy will start tomorrow night! I'll post the link here and PM everyone who has PM'd me to get notified. See everyone next round!

Will do!

Thanks to everyone for coming up tonight and making it another smooth pickup! The next group buy will start tomorrow night! I'll post the link here and PM everyone who has PM'd me to get notified. See everyone next round!

Thank YOU Jeff. You make these things so easy and enjoyable that I can't imagine what I would do without.

I brought some of my pumpkin beer for you tonight and totally forgot to give it to you. It's pretty good - cross between a pumpkin porter and a brown pumpkin. I will save you a bottle.

Back