South Jersey/Philly/Delaware Group buy!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I see they sell (4)X1 GALLON of Star-San for $118. ($30/GALLON)
You could just refill your smaller bottle.

...Any chance we could work that in too?

Just let me know where to paypal and where to pick up. I hope we can make this a regular thing for the Philly area. Thanks for setting this one up.

Same here, I will paypal or drop off cash/money order. Just let me know

After pickup location is established. Skarude and defenestrate, we can work out our specialties and how we will logistically split them.

First off I want to thank lordura for putting this together. I also hope this is something we can make a regular thing like the NY/NJ/CT thread. I would be happy to help out coordinating a future buy or help out in any way I can on this one.

As for pickups I may be able to help some of the PA/DE folks if picking up grain in West Chester Area is better than NJ.

defenestrate and rtt121 - Based on OLDBREWs post I think we should start thinking about how and where we are going to split up our shared stuff. I would be happy to pick it all up and split it but I am in PA so this might not be super convenient for everyone to come get. We can certainly flush this out once we know the where/when of the pickup, just wanted to get us started thinking about it.

First off I want to thank lordura for putting this together. I also hope this is something we can make a regular thing like the NY/NJ/CT thread. I would be happy to help out coordinating a future buy or help out in any way I can on this one.

As for pickups I may be able to help some of the PA/DE folks if picking up grain in West Chester Area is better than NJ.

defenestrate and rtt121 - Based on OLDBREWs post I think we should start thinking about how and where we are going to split up our shared stuff. I would be happy to pick it all up and split it but I am in PA so this might not be super convenient for everyone to come get. We can certainly flush this out once we know the where/when of the pickup, just wanted to get us started thinking about it.

Agreed. I hope this could be a regular thing as well. Great prices... compared to what I am spending per sack.

I'll take a sack of CM 2-row and wheat and the place I work at has a loading dock but its in KOP near philly.

KoP would work very well for me! I could probably help relay some of it to NJ via a co-worker that I am splitting some of mine with.

I have 3 days off a week I have no problem going to KOP

Also would not mind helping someone else out if picking up in Medford area is easier

We have a couple of good options for shipping right now so I have to make a few calls to see where is going to be the best spot for everyone.
I'll post some more detailstonight and when I get the final price quote, I'll start collecting payment so we can get this going. Thanks to everyone who jumped on this.

For now, eveyone who is on the list, please confirm your order so I cn get a final price.

I work with skarude, I am splitting some of his order... I live in Maple Shade, I'd be happy to help distribute to the South Jersey folks

I'm at work right now so I can update the order tonight. I'm going to try my best to get everyone in.

So we have a confirmed delivery location! Its in Pennsauken, NJ 08110
It seems to be right between everyone.
Once everyone confirms and the order is updated, I'll get the final price and let everyone know.
We have room for hops still so added them on!

I have 3 days off a week I have no problem going to KOP

Also would not mind helping someone else out if picking up in Medford area is easier

i dont have a scale currently, but depending on when this is ordered i might have one by then... nothing else can really be said until we figure out where this is going to happen :drunk:

rtt121... are you in medford, NJ? and are you suuure you dont want to get in on some honey malt as well? :D

no one else is interested in honey malt?

my order is confirmed

I am in medford, NJ actually Shamong, but no one has ever heard of that so I use Medford. Do you need help w logistics? I use a digital fish scale for weighing grains, just tie a knot in the bag and hook it like a fish :) very portable and easy to do quickly.

As far as honey, I hav just never used it. Let me see a recipe or two you like if you dont mind.

Alright, why not. Please add a pound of Hallertau Mittelfruh to my total on the 1st page.

My order is: 2x CM-2row, 2x BD-MOPA, 2x FB-PILS, 1x CM-WHET plus 1 pound of Hallertau Mittelfruh. Order is set and confirmed.

Thank you for organizing this group buy :mug:

I am in medford, NJ actually Shamong, but no one has ever heard of that so I use Medford. Do you need help w logistics? I use a digital fish scale for weighing grains, just tie a knot in the bag and hook it like a fish :) very portable and easy to do quickly.

As far as honey, I hav just never used it. Let me see a recipe or two you like if you dont mind.

well thats funny. i live in shamong lol. howdy neighbor :rockin:

He Said "The drop shipment is in Pennsauken NJ"

Looks like Skarudes buddy Sethga in Maple Shade Can go the reverse route to KOP with some supplies.

Shamong isn't far from this drop site either.

The only real outsider is Reading. If someone can haul his out toward that way it would cut down on his travel time.

small world. I am right off 206 in the neighborhood that surrounds the elementary school. Where are you? We should get together for a brew day/ help each other out with pickups from lhbs

I could take a crack at that ginger beer you posted, put me down for 1/3 honey please

small world. I am right off 206 in the neighborhood that surrounds the elementary school. Where are you? We should get together for a brew day/ help each other out with pickups from lhbs

I could take a crack at that ginger beer you posted, put me down for 1/3 honey please

very cool, thanks for going in on the honey. i'm actually in lenape woods off of tuckerton by 5 points. what lhbs do you use? i have just been ordering online... i used to go to beer crafters in turnersville in early days but they were a royal rip. i actually just picked up a bag of pearl malt from the beer/wine shop in columbus market.

skarude... are you still interested in the 1/3 of honey?

very cool, thanks for going in on the honey. i'm actually in lenape woods off of tuckerton by 5 points. what lhbs do you use? i have just been ordering online... i used to go to beer crafters in turnersville in early days but they were a royal rip. i actually just picked up a bag of pearl malt from the beer/wine shop in columbus market.

skarude... are you still interested in the 1/3 of honey?

I heard or read somewhere that there is a new brew supply in the Berlin Farmers Market I don't know anything about stock, prices, or quality though.

Hmm news to me about Berlin and Columbus. Personally I use both HomeSweetHomeBrew and Princeton Homebrew. HSHB when im passing through philly (somewhat often). And princeton I have someone who works about 1 mile away and doesnt mind picking up for me.

I'm at work right now so I can update the order tonight. I'm going to try my best to get everyone in.

So we have a confirmed delivery location! Its in Pennsauken, NJ 08110
It seems to be right between everyone.
Once everyone confirms and the order is updated, I'll get the final price and let everyone know.

Exactly where in Pennsauken? Funny but I always thought thses group buys more of a hassle than they are worth. Unfortunetly I don't need anything right now or have storage room.

I'm in the Reading area but would be interested in two or three sacks. Let me know if I'd be "allowed" in the group offer.
tom

I will confirm the list that you have in the very first ppost for me. That's what I need. Would it be possible to get a per sack price for the MO and the 2 row, and then just an overall price for the all of the hops together will be fine.

I just realized after further review I should add that I would prefer Imported Goldings and Fuggles whole hops if possible. I didn't realize they had both there.

Thanks to everyone for confirming! Ty5592 i got you in there.

I'll have a complete list of prices for everyone tomorrow afternoon so you can start sending payments. If you plan on using paypal, you'll have to add the paypal fees also.

The shipping spot has been updated on the first post. The date is still TBA

Thanks again to everyone for helping me get this going!

Thanks to everyone for confirming! Ty5592 i got you in there.

I'll have a complete list of prices for everyone tomorrow afternoon so you can start sending payments. If you plan on using paypal, you'll have to add the paypal fees also.

The shipping spot has been updated on the first post. The date is still TBA

Thanks again to everyone for helping me get this going!

i see also on the first post that the pallet is full... so i guess we arent getting to split that bag of honey malt? (i know we added it really late)

also to anyone who is interested... merchantville is the town next over from pennsauken and there is a GREAT beer bar there called blue monkey. they have 38 beers on tap and more in bottles, here in the current list http://bluemonkeytavern.com/menu/beer-list

it is definitely worth a stop in...

If you look in the catalog it lists the hops by origin. you need to specify

UK goldings or US goldings.

EKG are more in line with UK Goldings

UK Fuggles are different in spelling then the US Fuggle but still confusing

German perle or US perle

Czech Saaz or US Saaz

+1 on the Blue Monkey.. Pour House over on Haddon Ave. in Westmont has a pretty good selection

http://www.pjspourhouse.com/details.htm

If you look in the catalog it lists the hops by origin. you need to specify

UK goldings or US goldings.

EKG are more in line with UK Goldings

UK Fuggles are different in spelling then the US Fuggle but still confusing

German perle or US perle

Czech Saaz or US Saaz

+1 on the Blue Monkey.. Pour House over on Haddon Ave. in Westmont has a pretty good selection

http://www.pjspourhouse.com/details.htm

yes yes, pour house is nice. they have a great bottle selection. i prefer the enviroment of bluemonkey and i love the bartender. speaking of haddon ave, they are opening a lhbs on that street if it isnt open already

Ty5592 - It looks like the delivery is going to be in NJ. I am in West Chester and can probably get a number of bags to my place if that is helpful for pickup.

Back