Sous Vide Controller to Manage Fermentation Temps?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JMSetzler

Reaction score
Has anyone ever used a Sous Vide controller similar to this to manage fermentation temperatures?

Anova Sous Vide Immersion Circulator

I have been considering making a Saison later this winter for an entry into my local Pro-Am in the spring. I'd like to ferment this for a few days around 72 degrees and then ramp it up to 78-80 degrees to finish it off. I'm curious if a plastic or glass carboy in a water bath being controlled by something like this would be effective?

Edited, I didn't read far enough.
The listed bottom temperature range is 77F. Might be something to consider. It is obviously meant to be more in the 110 to 120F range for the cooking.

P.S. I recognize you from my frequenting bbq forums.

If it holds settings when powered off and on you could possibly pull it off in conjunction with another temp controller, like an stc 1000, wilconrads black box or Johnson Controller. Seems pretty cludged together, but the water circulation would be nice.

You can achieve the same thing with a temp controller, an aquarium heater, and your carboy in a water bath in a keg bucket.

I prefer a space heater with a temp controller in my ferm chamber.

Back