Source for NG burners in Canada?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

FlyGuy

Reaction score
I am moving in a few weeks, and today I was looking at some pictures of the new house that I shot during the home inspection. I spotted something very cool in the garage (see the lower left of the photo below):
garage1.jpg
Closeup:
garage2.jpg
So I think I will have gas in the new garage. Sweet! (Now only if they would leave the boat, too!)

Anyways, I am stoked to finish my brewstand now and fit it with NG burners. Does anyone know a good source for them in Canada that won't break the bank?

not 100% sure on this one, but you should just be able to switch regulators.....id check with a fireplace shop,theyd know for sure

I checked a local water heater company, and got a few for a friend. He is handy enough, he could pull them out and connect them back up himself. Sure didn't break the bank though, they were only $5.00 each, but they were still in the water tanks.

That garage is nicer than my apartment! :D

If you have any farm suppliers around (or a co-op) they would be likely candidates for burners. I don't believe you can just swap the regulator, I think natural gas and propane require different orifice sizes on the nozzles.

Thanks for the suggestions guys -- I'll check those out.

Regarding changing out the regulator, unfortunately that isn't enough to convert propane to NG. The orifice on a propane burner is small and designed for higher pressure, so if you try to run NG through it, you won't get enough gas flow. I have heard of people drilling out the orifice on propane burners to run them on NG, but I don't really want to ruin my turkey fryer burners just yet (plus, I would probably f-it up and burn down my house or something). :drunk:

(plus, I would probably f-it up and burn down my house or something). :drunk:

SWMBO always frowns on that....

Is there such a thing as replacement orifices like on every other gas appliance in the home? I've not had to look, I've never had NG available. Even if it was just another propane orifice to drill out.

Latest posts

Back