Sour Swap #4

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
very much pleased with being part of the trade. so glad to have such a great selection right before the holidays :D

FOT7661.jpg

All intact, alive and well! You did well, haven't had any of these before. Thanks BigPerm! Only questions are:

1- what are the three home brews?
2- what to drink first?

View attachment 238215

Sent from my iPhone using Home Brew

Good, the parafilm did its job... ;)

Most of them are from Rivertown, as you surely noticed. They've only been open for about 4 years, but their sour beers are really fantastic. The sour cherry porter is my favorite.

The homebrews are a berliner weisse, a sour radler, and a sour witbier. I'll PM you more details (including which is which); I'd love to know what you think.

Drink the one in the achouffe bottle first (the squatty guy). Its really transformed and has a huge honey nose right now.

Enjoy!!

How about some updates people? Still a couple boxes we haven't seen!

How about some updates people? Still a couple boxes we haven't seen!

Mine is somewhere in limbo, since i wasn't home to sign for it Saturday. Luckily it was in the 60s all weekend. Hopefully tomorrow; I'm dying to see what's in there!

I drank the Abyss and the dissident over the holiday weekend. The abyss was fantastic. The dissident was very as well. Then I did as suggested and blended them, which was the best! If there ever is a "next" time for me to get my hands on those brews, I blend the whole thing!!

Thanks a million for the awesome box!!

Let's see those last couple porch bombs folks!
Also curious about what my recipient thought about the homebrew if you've tried it yet or not..

TD

Sent from my iPad using Home Brew

Finally got this sucker today. It was worth the wait! Total Hookup.
Seriously, who sends a Pliny and growler of Drake's IPA as an extra?!
Thanks @Belavida!!

Sours:
Almanac Dark Pumpkin Sour, Dogpatch Sour, Cerise Sour
Russian River Temptation
Rare Barrel Forces Unseen
Cascade Blackcap Raspberry

Where's Swap #5?? Sign me up!

PS - And yes, i'll take every opportunity to show off my barrel. Currently aging 5 gals Sour Stout.

DSC_0713.jpg

Wow! You're gonna love the dogpatch! It's great! Haven't had temptation since 2008. Nice bomb! Some cascade too!

So is that all the pictures??

Was fun planning this. Glad the cold snap didn't screw things up too badly.

Thanks for participating! I'd be up for another in a few months. We had a decent mix of geography to keep things interesting. Need more Oregon and California folks! Some new England in the mix too!

TD

Wow! You're gonna love the dogpatch! It's great! Haven't had temptation since 2008. Nice bomb! Some cascade too!

So is that all the pictures??

Was fun planning this. Glad the cold snap didn't screw things up too badly.

Thanks for participating! I'd be up for another in a few months. We had a decent mix of geography to keep things interesting. Need more Oregon and California folks! Some new England in the mix too!

TD

There's at least one more box out there that hasn't been posted yet...

TD

I've got some great recently released stuff just waiting to send! Keep us posted!

There's at least one more box out there that hasn't been posted yet...

Come on, lets see what MN has to offer!

When is the next sour swap!

I just drank Ferus Fluxus from the first sour swap I participated in. Nice!
Not sure I want to organize this one. Hope everyone was happy with their boxes.
Its been a while for sure.

I'd be willing to participate in another swap.

TD

Back