Sour Beer Festival

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Anyone know of any that exist? For homebrewers to pour?

There must be some homebrew clubs that have sour-focused meetings, but if you are talking about an event where you can pour for the public, that is legally very tricky.

Yeah, but not many near where I am. Wonder what the legality is of hosting your own festival on your own land, free of charge as long as they come with beer. Something I'm going to look into before I move back to Alaska.

We've put on several beer tasting mini-festival type events with pro brewers and homebrewers both pouring, typically split evenly amongst ~20 booths. It is a charity event, with a $30 suggested donation, and all proceeds go to charity. Open to the public, with fliers distributed far and wide, and has never been a problem.

Sounds like you're planning something bigger, but if its on your own land, that may make it even more straightforward.

Back