Sorachi Ace IPA?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SmCranf

Reaction score
I just bought 11 pounds of hop for 60$, thank you craigslist. :ban:

And I have in my horde Sorachi Ace, and really want to do an ipa.

Any recommendations? I'm really open to any ipa style, double, black, belgian doesn't matter. I also have tons of hops to throw in with the sorachi, so almost any hop combination is possible!!

I just bought 11 pounds of hop for 60$, thank you craigslist. :ban:

And I have in my horde Sorachi Ace, and really want to do an ipa.

Any recommendations? I'm really open to any ipa style, double, black, belgian doesn't matter. I also have tons of hops to throw in with the sorachi, so almost any hop combination is possible!!

Now that it has been a year with no replies (how rude!), what did you do? What should others do based on your experience?

Sorachi ace saison is amazing ...pils malt with some dextrose and lots of hops ...makes for a spicey saison

Yeah, sorachi to me means I'm brewing a saison. I am currently drinking an imperial honey saison with lemon and lime peel. So good. Sorachi and nelson hopped. Sorachi really compliments the yeast.

Maybe a Belgian IPA if you really want. But I would just make a super hoppy saison. I do 1-2 a year.

Now that it has been a year with no replies (how rude!), what did you do? What should others do based on your experience?

Sorachi found it way into a saison, I added wayyyyyyyy too much, very bitter. Sorachi made it into an ipa, as a small part of a dry hop blend, very nice but has to be very small part of overall dry hop. And my favorite I added sorachi at flameout to an imperial saison, which I also added three pounds of cucumber to, which tasted exactly like pickle juice, minus the sour (I may kettle sour the next version)

Latest posts

Back