Sooooo... What'd you get for Christmas?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I got a grain mill and some equipment to do BIAB (bag, ratchet pulley and PVC gloves). My parents also gave me $150 in cash that I plan on using to buy the Hydra immersion chiller.

3 gal keg, also a couple of tap kits. Debating whether or not to install or keep the picnic tap. New fridge and I am hesitant to drill a hole in the door!

Attachments

• 51X3rUn+W9L._SL1000_.jpg
    51X3rUn+W9L._SL1000_.jpg
    47.2 KB · Views: 90
Nothing homebrew related for Christmas, suspected I'd get some kegging stuff but got a soundbar that I had wanted anyway. My birthday was a couple weeks ago and I got a refractometer, though.

An Igloo 42 bottle wine chiller with thermostat built in showed up for me. Lagering ferm chamber, here I come. I also got a roll of 3/8" copper tubing to twist into an immersion chiller. Not going to f- with either right now because my back won't take it. Had two consecutive kidney stones shred me on the left side last night, so even walking is painful.

10 gallon bayou kettle, inkbird temp control, fermotemp, a wood 6pack beer caddy, and a copy of Karnowski's "Homebrew: Beyond the Basics"

Well seeing as I’ve been super busy to brew over last two years, I had to basically start from scratch with some basic items. Got a gift certificate for Austin home brew and added some needed thing such as new hydrometer and a yeast starter kit. Looking to go all grain right from the jump so I am slowly adding things.

I got some Spike gift certificates that had me purchasing my 10 gallon kettle on Christmas morning! Good god it's a nice piece of kit. Looking forward to warmer days so I can brew with this thing!

From my brother: Three custom tap handles that he turned on his lathe.
From my girlfriend: A coaster with my logo wood-burned into it, an LED board to go next to my kegerator, a beer-tasting party kit with sample glasses, tasting note sheets and food pairing book, and a glass from the Fullers Brewery pub, which was actually my favourite of them all.

I had gone on the Fullers tour when I was in London in September, and ended stealing this beautiful pint glass:
London_Pride_Glass_empty_grande.jpg

They had them at their home pub on the corner, but not for sale anywhere. So, one came home with me. Last month, was cooking and drinking my English bitter in it, and set it down on the edge of the counter- smash!
As I found out, by the time the glass was cleaned up, my wonderful GF had already asked her dad to pick one up for me next time he was in London for business.
Here's the best part. The glass is available for sale online, but still not in the store at Fullers. So now my GF's dad, international businessman, had to go to the pub and steal it too!
Made my Christmas!

I got 200 dollars for the brew store and everyone pitched in and I also got 300 bucks cash. Bought 2 more kegs so now I have 3 , also bought a fermentation controller and a chest freezer !

The wife got me a 55 lbs sack of 2row and a new locally made mash paddle. The in-laws gave me one of those magnum bottles of Anchor's Christmas beer too. Not too shabby!

My wife gave me a pair of the new Anvil 7.5 gallon SS fermenters. I have them tucked nice and cozy in my freezer/fermentation chamber.

From my brother: Three custom tap handles that he turned on his lathe.
From my girlfriend: A coaster with my logo wood-burned into it, an LED board to go next to my kegerator, a beer-tasting party kit with sample glasses, tasting note sheets and food pairing book, and a glass from the Fullers Brewery pub, which was actually my favourite of them all.

I had gone on the Fullers tour when I was in London in September, and ended stealing this beautiful pint glass:
London_Pride_Glass_empty_grande.jpg

They had them at their home pub on the corner, but not for sale anywhere. So, one came home with me. Last month, was cooking and drinking my English bitter in it, and set it down on the edge of the counter- smash!
As I found out, by the time the glass was cleaned up, my wonderful GF had already asked her dad to pick one up for me next time he was in London for business.
Here's the best part. The glass is available for sale online, but still not in the store at Fullers. So now my GF's dad, international businessman, had to go to the pub and steal it too!
Made my Christmas!
Do you have pics of custom tap handles?

Used my Christmas cash on a Hydra immersion chiller that delivered yesterday just in time to brew this weekend. The quality on it is awesome. If it chills as good as everyone says it does, it'll be well worth the money.

My son is learning to use a 3D printer so he made me a tap handle. It was a trial run to see if the 3D-generated threads would actually work, which, as you can see, they did. So the next one will be made with green plastic to achieve a more normal looking hop.

View attachment 551081
I have a green one just like this!

I got the Kegco 3 roller grain mill, a stir starter stir plate and a pH meeter. My wife and son absolutely made it an awesome Christmas! And that was just the homebrew related stuff.

Wow! Those are beautiful.

That they are! My brother is a fantastic woodworker, and learns a new skill or two every year, usually to make Christmas presents. Stained glass, wood bending, carving, intarsia, upholstery... this year was turning.

All I have to offer in return is beer... he doesn't seem to mind!

Latest posts

Back