Sonoran Mesquite

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DrPiglet

Reaction score
So I've had the good fortune of coming across about 2 1/2 pounds of Sonoran Desert mesquite honey. Unfortunately I'm torn in far too many directions to decide what to do with it. I've done very well with cysers so far, but haven't tried a regular mead. I've heard SO many great reviews of Joe's Ancient Orange.

Too many great ideas.

So in hopes of hearing an ideas that is immediately going to jump off the screen an scream "I'm the one!", I'm looking for suggestions from the respectable public of the homebrewing world.

What's my next batch?

Cheers :mug:

Coming from using a lot of mesquite honey I can say, it's best paired with somethig that can stand up to it. It's a fairly robust honey, so, roasted hatch green chile comes to mind (one of my favorite meads), or just about anything else. kinda tastes odd as a traditional, too sweet in a woody smokey kind of way. Also good to blend with other varieties to give other meads structure.

If you still want to make a traditional, but are concerned with it overpowering, you can always mix it with another varietal. I have a traditional going now that is 3 different types.

Latest posts

Back