Songs that get stuck in your head

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

nukebrewer

Brew the brew!
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
I truly hate it when a truly awful song gets stuck in my head for no other reason than I've heard it recently. Right now I am alternating between Perfume and Are You Gonna Stay The Night. That might be more of a statement about the radio station I listen to, but in Groton, CT it's about the best I can do without totally raping my cell phone's data bill.

some I hear at work. I don't like this crappy pop/cross over country one bit. I don't know who sings these or the real titles of the songs. and I don't care to lokk them up.

1)Parkinglot Party. dude wants a tea party for his Barbie dolls in a parking lot.

2)Boys 'Round Here. yeah. boys 'round here, pokin them sheep in the rear. talkin 'bout goats, talkin 'bout chickens and any thing else they can stick their **** in! chew tobbacy, spit!

3)Cornbread 'n' Chicken. well, where I come from it's fry bread & 40's.

4)Rain Makes Corn. a/k/a: I like to git my wermin pure drunk 'cuz that's only way shill git in bed with me.

Broadway Show tunes have a habit of annoyingly cropping up. Anything from "Annie" or performed by Liza Minelli or her mother Judy Garland are especially tough to shake. Abba too. Come to think of it Freddy Mercury too. Has anybody ever seen them all together in the same room? Could be Bielzibub up to no good again.

I'm a hockey fan. Go to many games so....

"It's fun to stay at the Y... M.. C.. A... "

GOOOOOODDDDDDDDDDAAAAAAAAAMMMMIITTTTTT!!!!!!!! STOP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! lol

The auburn university fight song. I love it. It's obviously been in my head for over a week and just won't stop lol.

She's actually grown on me a bit. Some of her songs are fun to run to, others are so upbeat and positive it's hard not to like them. Meh... one of my guilty pleasures. Everyone has them.

Didn't say she was bad.... and certainly easy on the eyes but her **** gets stuck in my head like no other

Didn't say she was bad.... and certainly easy on the eyes but her **** gets stuck in my head like no other

Easy on the eyes? She's insanely gorgeous. I'd wreck that $hit. Haha.

I know what you mean about her songs getting stuck in your head, though. It happens to me quite a bit, especially after a run since I have two or three of her songs on my running playlist.

A while back I woke up to Rock You Like a Hurricane blasting in my head at full strength in the middle of the night. Couldn't get back to sleep, couldn't shake the song for the whole next day. I have no idea where it came from, but thankfully it hasn't returned.

In no particular order:

Pass the Dutchie on the left hand side, pass the Dutchie on the left hand side ...

Just strike a match, and you will know, you're in Hernando's Hideaway! Ole!

I want my baby back, baby back, baby back, ribs ...

That damn lady gaga and r kelly song has been stuck in my head for 2 days. "Do what you want, what you want with my body" I swear every time I turn the radio on it's playing.

That damn lady gaga and r kelly song has been stuck in my head for 2 days. "Do what you want, what you want with my body" I swear every time I turn the radio on it's playing.

It hasn't gotten stuck in my head as of yet, but I feel you on it being on every time I turn on the radio.

Luchenbach Texas! I actually love the song, but damn, when I hear it, it's stuck in my head for days afterward.

I have two small girls and they watch a lot of Disney movies. My most reason ear wigs have been the soundtrack to lemonade mouth and the entire soundtrack to let it shine. Also every time we go to my wife's store (kohl's) I always get "call me maybe" stuck in my head for days.

Never even heard it. Lol.

Watched the "Oh Atlanta" official bootlegs last Saturday
and still cant get "Ghost of a Chance" & "Red Barchetta" outta my head.

Not a bad thing...

I work in people's cars, and get exposed to a LOT of top 40 radio, and often get it stuck in my head. I didn't know who sang that "I knew you were trouble when you walked in" song, just found out it was Taylor Swift. So all day yesterday I had the "goat" version (which is hilarious, look it up) stuck in my head.

Also, my wife has been all about the hip-hop artist Dessa lately. And she makes some awesome stuff, so I don't mind getting it stuck in my head. This one in particular gets in there a lot lately:

Last edited by a moderator:
Watched the "Oh Atlanta" official bootlegs last Saturday
and still cant get "Ghost of a Chance" & "Red Barchetta" outta my head.

Not a bad thing...

Did you get to see them on this tour? It's the first tour in years I didn't get to at least one show.:(

Even considered the cross country drive to see them in Vegas, but couldn't find the extra day in my schedule it would have taken to get there, see the show, then pretty much drive back with no rest.

Yes...Every tour since A Farewell to Kings - most shows two or three times, up til after Moving Pictures.
Growing up in MI. they use to tour within a 2 hour drive 3-5 times in the early years. (at different arenas)

Cheers !

I get the most random songs stuck in my head all the time, without even having heard them recently, sometimes not since my childhood. Some of the commonly recurring ones:

The Can Can
Merry Melodies theme song
If I Only Had a Brain
The Stars and Stripes Forever
Peter and the Wolf

I brewed up a butt kicking IPA a while back. I grabbed a couple to try and went up to my stump dump which over looks one of my fields. I had a local indy radio station on and they played "Toad Lickers" as I was just getting into the first bottle. Every time I have a real good IPA that song pops right up. If you haven't heard it you should search it.

They must have some cash if they can write songs about a lil red barchetta. It's Italian for "little boat".the name given to the Ferrari (160?)LM. But I like the 1954 Maseratti Barchetta. I saw the one driven by Fangio himself auctioned some years ago now for $125,000 in the Dupont Registry,with papers.
But the song that's been stuck in my head for months now is sorta related;

Just an old worn out Ford...I'll never forget how it made me feel.

All of those December TV commercials that use insipid Christmas song spoofs. The ones based off of "Santa Baby" and "Carol of the Bells" are among the worst.

Somehow, however, the Pomplamoose Hyundai commercials a couple years ago were really charming.

Luchenbach Texas! I actually love the song, but damn, when I hear it, it's stuck in my head for days afterward.

There's a few Waylon songs that get in my head: Rainy Day Woman, I've Always Been Crazy, Only Daddy That'll Walk the Line.

Oh and this:

Sergeant Pepper's lonely, Sergeant Pepper's lonely, Sergeant Pepper's lonely hearts club band!

I have really bad ADD so when a song gets stuck in my head in a few minutes its gone then because of PTSD and TBI I cant remember what I was just singing, but these songs are on a constant rotation up there.
Mojo Nixon - tie my pecker to my leg
Johnny Paycheck - take this job and shove it
Deadmilkmen - punk rock girl
NOFX - Bob
James Brown - paid the cost to be the boss

This is frustrating. I'm trying to get Godzilla stuck in my head again, but it just won't go. Makes me feel impotent.

I'd open Spotify and fix the problem, but I have to go down the road and get our company Christmas party set up. It's almost time to eat food, drink beer, open presents, and get out of work early!

Yesterday I had Godzilla stuck in my head. It was a nice change from the usual horrible songs that stuck in there.

Now it's stuck in my head again! SWEET!

Now THAT's just not nice... it's in my head now...

This version???

Back