Songs that get stuck in your head

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Manamana by the Muppets. If you are not aware of this one look it up on You Tube. My grandson loves it. I have nightmares to it!

Just reading the title of that one and now it is playing in my head.

Quick, think of something else to get it out of my head.

it's a world of laughter, a world or tears
its a world of hopes, its a world of fear
theres so much that we share
that its time we're aware
its a small world after all

CHORUS:
its a small, small world

There is just one moon and one golden sun
And a smile means friendship to everyone.
Though the mountains divide
And the oceans are wide
It's a small small world

Its a small world.. it does nossing.

Basketball Jones lately. Good ol' Tyrone Shoelaces! I posted it as home brew Jones just for a goof...:mug:

Huh. I've heard the song before; can't remember where, but I never knew it was a cartoon and had a character to go along with it.

I might have to look into this some more.

Here's the cartoon version of basaball Jones,Cheech-n-Chong,1975. it was used between movies at the drive ins;

Last edited by a moderator:
I have a 2yr old so I almost always have some terrible children's song stuck in my head. Thomas & Friends, Super Why, Elmo's World, etc. Just recently my wife found a short youtube clip of Elmo singing a song about brushing teeth. It gets my son wanting to brush his teeth, so it works well.... but that song very well may drive me insane. It burrows in your head and sets up camp. HATE THAT F%$&ING SONG!!!! :mad:

I truly hate it when a truly awful song gets stuck in my head for no other reason than I've heard it recently. Right now I am alternating between Perfume and Are You Gonna Stay The Night. That might be more of a statement about the radio station I listen to, but in Groton, CT it's about the best I can do without totally raping my cell phone's data bill.

Listening to just about any radio station is musical suicide, but in keeping with the theme of the thread, Europe - The Final Countdown has to be the worst song ever.

Back