Sometimes you just have to shake you head.

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ubnserved

Reaction score
Just reading the titles sometimes makes you wonder. ...

2015-02-05-11-06-25.jpg

Poor Billy Klubb only knows one thing.
I can get me a Yooper, what ever that is.
I can learn about the tip of an old guy.... close enough to being the old guy so I'll pass.
Drunken kludges? Have to look that word up I think
Last but not least, potty postings! I'm curious but knowing this forum I'm not sure if I can look.

Well I looked it up (because I have no ability to do anything else right now ) and all this time I thought it was a reference to old ladies just because of the context I have heard it used here in the midwest. Not only is that incorrect but it has always been pronounced wrong the few times I have heard the word.

2015-02-05-12-03-49.jpg

Now I had to look up Yooper and see what someone would be winning. Turns out that it doesn't seem that exciting because I dont spend a lot of time on my feet and this town is is for the most part a quiet place and that whip scares me. On the other hand fishing off that dock with the dog seems a bit more my speed. I would even share with Toby if the fishing was good. (See this thread for reference - https://www.homebrewtalk.com/f45/yooper-giveaway-515140/ )
According to the definition you yoopers are bullies "making fun of trolls" but the the definition contradicts itself by say "yooper- A native or inhabitant of the Upper Peninsula of Michigan. Yoopers are known to be extremely friendly and welcoming people and make anyone feel at ease."
So which part of the definition is correct? And since Yooper spends winter in TX does that make her a "snow bird" or a "flying yooper"?

Ya learn something every day, today I learned 2 things so I must take a nap now before I strain myself.

2015-02-05-13-14-20.jpg

Hahaha...I love that Yooper just stopped in and liked my comment. While typing it, I was imagining her coming in here and calling me all sorts of things like "flatlander", "troll" or "fudgie".

Or maybe a towny? Not as bad as being a buckeye...a worthless nut?! Hey, them thangs hurt when it comes from a slingshot to your noggin...

Or maybe a towny? Not as bad as being a buckeye...a worthless nut?! Hey, them thangs hurt when it comes from a slingshot to your noggin...

My local high school was playing a Yooper team at a neutral site years ago. The site was well into the "north" in the LP and almost exactly half way between the two schools. When I was walking around at the field, I overheard more than one discussion in which one of the Yooper parents made reference to driving to Detroit for the game. The game was nearly 250 miles from Detroit. But I soon realized that they were just calling the entire lower peninsula "Detroit". I got a kick out of that.

My local high school was playing a Yooper team at a neutral site years ago. The site was well into the "north" in the LP and almost exactly half way between the two schools. When I was walking around at the field, I overheard more than one discussion in which one of the Yooper parents made reference to driving to Detroit for the game. The game was nearly 250 miles from Detroit. But I soon realized that they were just calling the entire lower peninsula "Detroit". I got a kick out of that.

Weird, MY High School football team played a UP team at a neutral site years ago too!

Specifically The Marion Eagles played the Crystal Falls (Have no idea what their mascot was/is, but probably has to do with mining or lumber...) at Charlevoix.

We got stomped like 42-0 by those giant kids from up der in da UP!

Weird, MY High School football team played a UP team at a neutral site years ago too!

Specifically The Marion Eagles played the Crystal Falls (Have no idea what their mascot was/is, but probably has to do with mining or lumber...) at Charlevoix.

We got stomped like 42-0 by those giant kids from up der in da UP!

Crystal Falls is a perennial power in the small division world. We were in Grayling, playing Kingsford...our kids won.

Crystal Falls is a perennial power in the small division world. We were in Grayling, playing Kingsford...our kids won.

Marion won a few years later after I had graduated. I met my wife for the first time at the Silverdome that day. (She does not remember that, but my friend had a crush on her and HAD to go down with his family to see the game. She went because her friend had a boyfriend on the team.)

Marion won a few years later after I had graduated. I met my wife for the first time at the Silverdome that day. (She does not remember that, but my friend had a crush on her and HAD to go down with his family to see the game. She went because her friend had a boyfriend on the team.)

Silverdome and Marion winning the title. That gives me enough to pretty much put an age on you.

I am guessing you are 2-3 years older than me. The same year Marion won states, our team was knocked out in the quarter-finals to the eventual Class B state champs, led by one Mr. Tyrone Wheatley. I was a senior that year.

Back