Sometimers kicking in! What was the beer...

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Othereal

Supporting Member
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
Years ago (MANY years ago, over 30?), Shakey's Pizza Parlors served a dark beer on tap by the pitcher. I can't remember the name or style. Anyone?

I think that Shakey's might be a bit more of a common name than we all might think. There was a place called Shakey's in Hershey PA as well. I am not sure about their pizza, but I think that their wings were good. I remember the beer was cold, and that we going there not for the food but rather to chase the women.;)
Good times...
Although at my age now, heartburn burn from the pizza at the West Coast 'Shakey's' is sounding better than the heartburn of the drama that came with some of those ladies in Hershey. How did we do it back then?:D

We definitely had a chain in Delaware with multiple locations. I think they were at least regional. It was probably not the same ones as west coast. I will always have a fond memory of Shakey's from my U of Del. days as they started the 1.00 pitcher nights on Monday. I imagine that does show my age.

I remember many a lunch hour at Shakey's Pizza in Canyon Country, CA. Don't remember the dark beer. Probably drank plenty of it though. And then back to work then the drive to class in West Covina.
That was about 28 years ago though.

I was just thinkin' of Shakeys the other dat when I was eating pizza and fried chicken together with beer. That memory takes me wayyy back. Not sure but I'll bet the dark beer was Michelob or Lowenbrau.

Latest posts

Back