someone please start a brewstore here!!!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

aaronbeer

Reaction score
I live in Lubbock Texas, and we have a great group of homebrewers. I think that there is money to be made and friends to be had, if someone would open a brew store and a micro brewery here!!!!!! We are in dire need of both. I would do it, but I am to scared to spend that kind of money, and I am a teacher and would not give up my summers off.

Have you thought of getting your group of homebrewers together for bulk purchases of grain and hops? You can save a lot of money that way. And if none of you has a decent mill, everyone can chip in and buy one for the group.

Have you thought of getting your group of homebrewers together for bulk purchases of grain and hops? You can save a lot of money that way. And if none of you has a decent mill, everyone can chip in and buy one for the group.

+1.

Red Raider brewswap.

I have not made it to all grain brewing yet :( I would love to get to that point! But that idea is a great idea!

I've never heard of it being done, but I'm sure it has been -- you could look into a group by on extract. AHBS has a decent price on 40lb bulk, not sure if it qualifies for their discount shipping of $6.99, but if it does, it's a decent price. If you're willing to buy in larger quantities, you may be able to work something out with a wholesaler.

Look at your group of brewers as a coop and go from there.

The place where my club gets our bulk buy from also sells DME/LME, Hops, Sanitizers, cleaners, chemicals, etc. They sell EVERYTHING except equipment. I'd assume that if you contact your LHBS or malt house you could strike a deal with them. Also, have you considered contacting your local brew pub? If you split shipping with them, I'm sure they'd let you in on bulk pricing.

I live in Lubbock Texas, and we have a great group of homebrewers. I think that there is money to be made and friends to be had, if someone would open a brew store and a micro brewery here!!!!!! We are in dire need of both.
I hear you loud & clear brother ,,
I’m in Carlsbad NM not to far from you ,
We do not have a home brew store either but we do have 2 little craft breweries . when I first started getting into home brewing we took off to Lubbock and I searched hi and Lo for a supply store thinking Lubbock would surly have a few due to the size of the city , nope !!
It’s a 2.5 hr drive to El Paso for me to find a home brew shop most of my supplies are mail order out of Austin Tx’s ......

Only one here in el paso but was talking to the guys there and they are opening another store on the west side. I mostly get bags of grains from them.

Want to make a small fortune? Start with a large fortune, open a homebrew shop and then shut it down when you've achieved your small fortune goal.
Nano brewery? That is something that could work, especially if there isn't much competition in the area.

Back