Some sort of witty greeting from San Diego, CA!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Emyrs

Reaction score
Hey everyone!
first off i want to say thanks! and wow... theres enough information on this site to keep me busy forever. I've been browsing for about a week reading/bookmarking almost any thread that caught my interest. and holy cow i dont think ill ever get through them all!

i guess i should explain my purpose and interest, no? so in a day or so i will be inheriting some equipment from a friend who is moving and was getting rid of it. Im still not exactly sure what kind of windfall ill be receiving, but i have a general outline. It seems like ill be getting a 5-6gallon carboy, and a 5gallon cornelius keg. as far as hoses, racking sticks, hydrometer, funnels, brew pot... all the necessary bits, ill have to pick up at my LHBS.

I really want to start off with something fairly simple. Ive been looking at Apfelwein.. and it seems like something i can setup, and just kinda hands off while i learn the process.

there are a few wines id like to try.. and the recipe forum isnt making it any easier to choose!!!:cross: but eventually i would like to get a couple good wines bottled and maybe one day a co2 system to force carb a beverage of choice in this keg (wine/cider or maybe eventually a hefe) im sure ill have questions about this in the future.. please bear with me ^_^;

Again, thanks everyone! I know you dont know me yet, but youve already been more help then i couldve expected! :mug:

Back