• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to HomeBrewTalk and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

[SOLD]

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Hop

Supporting Member
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
This fermentor is the Grainfather Conical Fermenter Basic Cooling Edition. It has been used four times (it's the Pro + temp control: dual valve tap, temperature controller, pump, tubing).

Outstanding unit. I'm going to be upping my batch sizes and would rather have a single fermentor than multiple units.

This is double walled and insulated. It has an integrated heater in the cone to raise the temperature of the beer, as well as an integrated glycol/water cooling jacket that you can pump liquid through to cool it down. The dual valve tap lets you dump trub from the bottom of the cone as well as sample and rack from the lower spigot (this comes from a little rod that is up higher than the bottom of the cone for clear transfers).

There is a temperature controller that you can program in (very easily) up to 5 steps and have them either prompt for advancement or auto advance. Hysteresis can be set for as low as 0.3 °F from the set point. The temperature controller, cooling pump and tubing are all included with this edition.

Here's a review of the Grainfather conical fermentor:

https://www.grainfather.com/shop/conical-fermenter/basic-cooling-edition.html

In addition, if you would like to pair it up with a UBC Kalinka-Ice 25 Ft. Glycol Chiller KG-1/6T, I will give you a great deal. This chiller goes for $900+ new. More info on the chiller here: https://www.beveragefactory.com/draftbeer/glycol-chiller/kg-1_6t.shtml

Grainfather Conical Basic Cooling Edition: $650 OBO (New: $750 + tax)
Grainfather Conical AND Glycol Chiller Combo: $1150 OBO

I might also consider selling my Grainfather Connect all-in-one electric brewing system. I am currently using two of these to brew larger batches, but I've been thinking about switching to a separate large boil kettle and doing big mashes in one of them instead (then boiling separately).

"The Grainfather is your all in one brewing system to make beer from all grain. The sleek look, user friendly intuitive design and innovative features make this your perfect brewing companion for both experienced and beginner all grain brewers. It is made from high quality 304 grade stainless steel with an 8 gallon capacity, designed to make up to 6 gallons of beer from one brew."

Here's an outstanding comprehensive review of the Grainfather:

These go for $999 new. I've used it a few times now and would be looking for $750 OBO. This will not come with a Graincoat, as I only have one and would keep using it on my second unit (which is an older style). NOTE: I'm leaning toward keeping this unit and just doing double Grainfather batches into one large fermentor. Still open to offers, but I might say no.

https://www.grainfather.com/shop/grainfather/grainfather-connect.html

Grainfather Connect: $750 OBO (New: $999 + tax)
IMG_20180804_103020.jpg IMG_20180619_234244.jpg IMG_20180623_163353.jpg IMG_20180614_183501.jpg IMG_20180802_191308.jpg

Last edited:
I have the boxes for the Grainfather and the conical. Those could be shipped for ~$50 each in the CONUS.

Last edited:
Pulling the glycol chiller out of rotation.

Grainfather Connect: $650 OBO
Grainfather Conical Fermenter w/ dual valve, temp controller, cooling kit: $750 OBO

Buy the pair for $1200

Last edited:
Realizing that the conical is best served by a nice glycol chiller, I'm adding the glycol chiller back into the mix IF you purchase the fermentor.

Grainfather Conical AND Glycol Chiller Combo: $1150 OBO

I'm currently leaning toward not selling the Grainfather Connect and just doing two simultaneous batches that will get transferred to a single large fermentor when complete.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back