• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to HomeBrewTalk and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Sold SOLD 14 gallon heated/cooled conical, pickup in Washington DC

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Royski

Reaction score
*** SOLD ***
Selling my 14 gallon heated/cooled conical made by MoreBeer (no longer in production but here’s the user manual Morebeer HeatCoolConical.pdf). It uses thermoelectric (Peltier) devices for cooling, with the hot side mounted to a heat sink and fans that are kind of loud.

Original cost was $1,500 on sale (MoreBeer 14 Gallon Temperature Controlled Conical Fermenter – Heated and Cooled – $1,499, Save $300, Limited Availability), asking $350. I don't want to try and ship this thing, so pick-up only I'm afraid. I'm in Washington DC, about five minutes from I-295.

Also includes the wheel kit (a $150 option), a pressure adapter for oxygen-free transfer, and an extra tri-clamp and gaskets.

The main reason I'm selling is that it just doesn't cool that well, and I am into lagers lately. Don’t count on this getting more than a few degrees below ambient temperature. Some other issues: it took a tumble once (it's very tippy when full), so the fins on the heat sink are a little bent and the the fan guards are repaired in jury-rigged fashion with gorilla tape. The insulating foam is showing some age. The outside is not especially clean. I'm sure there are probably some other small issues, but I think the price is fair for for what you're getting. I’ve made a lot of award-winning beer in this conical and never had an infected batch (I used carboys for sour and Brett beers), but I am simplifying and going back to carboys with my new-to-me chest freezer, so I don’t need this anymore.

I attached a short video with an infrared thermometer showing it cooling while empty. The same video is on YouTube

Attachments

• conical.mov
    35.1 MB
  • IMG_4311 (1).JPG
    IMG_4311 (1).JPG
    2.4 MB · Views: 26
  • IMG_4312 (1).JPG
    IMG_4312 (1).JPG
    2.9 MB · Views: 27
  • IMG_4314 (1).JPG
    IMG_4314 (1).JPG
    2.9 MB · Views: 25